Tournament for Newbies

A tournament should surely be made of scenarios given by a person making the tournament.

For time reasons, thay may be made of autogenerated terrain, after reviewing the terrain for fairness. While you are at it, add enough flags.

Regarding forces, a Tacops tournament was held with the one force selected at the begin and used for all games. In defense, you would have to choose a part of it. I expect that this makes the cherry picker situation much better.

Also, the master could filter the force selection for rarity.

Or the player may only be allowed to make statements like this:

- I prefer few Panthers over many Pz IV

- I want high-mobility Shermans (or I prefer the cheap ones)

- I prefer SP arty + tank destroyers over universal tanks

- I want extra AT teams

- I only want fat arty

- I want halftracks

- I want engineers

- I want on-map mortars

and the master makes forces based on that and reuses the forces from battle to battle, taking losses and replacements into account.

Yep consider me in....

I'm definitely a newbie....

One TCP game under my belt...

I CANNOT work out how to win with the Yanks in the scenario where they drop separated on top of the German forces...

That should give you an idea of my level ;)

Please count me in for the tournament. I'm still new to this and only ordered the game in mid-October (does it REALLY take 4-5 weeks to arrive?), so I hope to have it by the time things get organized. I'm learning the ropes with demo version.

I've found with the two demo scenarios that I lose catastrophically the first time since I don't know what I'm up against, but the next time around I handle things fairly well. Anyone else find this to be their experience? I have no idea how I'll do against a human opponent.

Ace

Hey there Commander. I think you already know I'm not a beginner :D I don't know about everybody else but I've been beating the AI quite easily ever since the demo unless I give it a handicap, so I guess I'm medium skilled having finished 5 PBEM games. I'd definitely like to sign up for this tournament.

Those Pershings better watch out...

Hmm, well I just got the game, and I've only played the AI once (the tutorial scenario without reading the manual). The AI didn't impress me as my 2 Shermans knocked out both Panzers fairly quickly with turret hits and my infantry simply mopped up after that.

I'm a newbie to CMBO there is no doubt. Depending upon time constraints, count me in.