BTS: Please fix the point value of the Greyhound!!!

Enough is enough. I am tired of this little hellion killing my units by the score, mocking all attempts by Lynx or Tiger to knock it out, and in general over balancing the game. As proof, I offer these screen shots from a recent game.

supergrey01.gif

record1.gif

This tank is far too powerful and needs to be stopped before it ruins more contests. I am sick of it, and of the gamey way in which allied players use it to run around the backside of perfectly nice frontal attacks by my poor, nearly defensely King Tigers, Panthers, and Nashorns. In addition, its romps through my battalions, spreading destruction, death, and fear, and made me scared to play Germans any more.

BTS -- please fix this ASAP.

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Enough is enough. I am tired of this little hellion killing my units by the score, mocking all attempts by Lynx or Tiger to knock it out, and in general over balancing the game. As proof, I offer these screen shots from a recent game.

This tank is far too powerful and needs to be stopped before it ruins more contests. I am sick of it, and of the gamey way in which allied players use it to run around the backside of perfectly nice frontal attacks by my poor, nearly defensely King Tigers, Panthers, and Nashorns. In addition, its romps through my battalions, spreading destruction, death, and fear, and made me scared to play Germans any more.

BTS -- please fix this ASAP.

Yes I agree, they should be even cheaper wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Is this a joke? I wonder how an M8 could have rolled through 256 infantry without encountering a single schreck. Mayhap it was the German commander who erred, not the designer of the game.

A perfectly nice frontal attack without infantry on the flanks is doomed.

Boy. The German player was quite the "cherry picker." Exactly one of each "ubertank" type all neatly arranged for death.

Make sure to get that Greyhound crew reported to Madmatt's "Heroes Corner."

(And yes, Slap, the sarcastic humor is duly noted. wink.gif )

Guest Andrew Hedges

Those results seem realistic to me. In Jentz's "Greyhounds at War," he discusses the fact that most US armor was short of tungsten because priority was given to manufacturing 37mm tungsten ammo for the Greyhound. According to Jentz, the average Greyhound had 8-12 rounds of HVAP ammuntion. This would be consistent with accounts in v. Senger und Etterlin's "Leichte Panzer und Panzerspaehwagen" describing the Greyhound's frequent use of tungsten (Wolfram) ammunition. (I hope this is fixed in the next patch).

Moreover, in A Time for Trumpets, Macdonald recounts how a platoon of Greyhounds knocked out a Panther from the front at a range of 600m using 37mm HVAP ammunition.

In the volume of the official history of the US Army dealing with logisitics, there is some suggestion that the introduction of the Pershing was delayed because the AIG felt that introducing the Pershing would interfere with shipping a sufficient number of Greyhounds to Europe. (Remember that these decisions were taken in '43, before the Battle of the Atlantic was definitively won).

smile.gif

The worst part of it all was that the Greyhound started doing wheelies on the victory location and burning rubber up and down the village road. I was not even aware the CM engine could handle wheelies from wheeled vehicles, but it certainly can. Damn thing knew it was invulnerable.