New Combat Mission Website

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mace:

Does it have Bren tripods in it? ;)

Regardless, well done mate!

Mace<hr></blockquote>

No, but wait for the next one, which will expose such delights to your gaze.

BTW, wheres my turn, you old bastard?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian:

I'm surprised, Andreas. I thought you'd have been rather critical of it... ;) <hr></blockquote>

And I even read through most of it. I agree that the paras could benefit from more detailed modeling - especially after just reading Middlebrook's 'Arnhem - the airborne battle'. Well, CM II should solve that.

I agree that it would be nice to have the sources - I presume that you used 'Go to it'? If so, you missed in the list of non-modeled vehicles the Cromwell IV, which 6th Airborne Armoured Reconnaissance did get a few of those towards the end of their stint in Normandy.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andreas:

And I even read through most of it. I agree that the paras could benefit from more detailed modeling - especially after just reading Middlebrook's 'Arnhem - the airborne battle'. Well, CM II should solve that.

I agree that it would be nice to have the sources - I presume that you used 'Go to it'? If so, you missed in the list of non-modeled vehicles the Cromwell IV, which 6th Airborne Armoured Reconnaissance did get a few of those towards the end of their stint in Normandy.<hr></blockquote>

Yes, I used "Go for it!" Interesting book, which shouldn't be underrated simply 'cause it bills itself as an "illustrated history".

And yes, while I neglected to mention the Cromwells in the text, they are included on the OrBat diagram for 6 Airborne Recce, as part of the HQ Sqn's Seaborne Party. I'll amend that. I've also just received some extra information on the Glider Pilot Wing's strength which I'll include when I get around to updating it.