More new terrain pics if you're interested

Hi, guys!

Had a bit of time before my 0400 wakeup to post some new terrain snaps to my site at:

http://photos.lycos.com/s.asp?r=rlqjer622dt4rf9pb7c82bon4s_239707

They're too big to post here, but here's a teaser:

GG%2058.jpg

Will be available within a couple of days; for those who are interested, thanks for your kind patience!

:D

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: gunnergoz ]

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: gunnergoz ]

It looks great. I think it is the best stuff yet, my onle concern is with the trees and treebases. Is there a way to "soften" them up a bit, or at least make it so they aren't so... glaring. Maybe get rid of the white or something, but they seem to shimmer. Also, the bocage and hedge looks a little wierd.

Great job though.

Hi, guys!

Appreciate the comments, one and all.

For those who find the bases odd, the intended effect was to totally avoid the "undergrowth" look and to instead go for a "tree shadow" approach. I went very dark for dense trees and lighter for sparse trees. There is absolutely no "white" per se, all you see is the underlying terrain through the "tree shadows"...at least that's what I was aiming for.

If you haven't noticed, my site includes some contrasting snaps showing the same terrain with and without trees showing. I wanted you to get the gist of what a straightforward terrain analysis could be done without the decorative shrubbery.

The hedge is actually a couple of months old and not entirely integrated into the color palette yet, so that was an astute observation. I'll try to better match it before I post it.

BTW, I haven't heard back from Tom of Tom's Combat Mission HQ about hosting these...Are you out there Tom? Still interested? Please contact me.

Until I post these for you, hopefully in a couple of days, I'll touch up the hedge. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

For those who find the bases odd, the intended effect was to totally avoid the "undergrowth" look and to instead go for a "tree shadow" approach. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that idea is stolen from me! I've done that a long ago, altough I never post it here, because I wasn't 100% satisfied with it. smile.gif Maybe I should post a screenshot if I can find one.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Wolf^ ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolf^:

Hey, that idea is stolen from me! I've done that a long ago, altough I never post it here, because I wasn't 100% satisfied with it. smile.gif Maybe I should post a screenshot if I can find one.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Wolf^ ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, Wolf, whatever you say...I'm a mind reader. :rolleyes: And I suppose Charles and Steve stole your idea for CMBO? :D