BTS, Search is causing eye strain, etc.

The glacially slow, no search by member name Search function output is hard on my eyes. Could it be because the thread titles are in tiny, spindly white type which has almost zero contrast with the background? I'd say so.

Also, the forum has that handy page numbering at the bottom of the page for multipage threads. The search output not only isn't set up that way but requires the user to go back to the top of the page to get to the page advance link. Is there any way to duplicate the link and put it at the bottom?

I'd appreciate any help you could provide to make the Search output less user hostile.

Thanks!

John Kettler

Let me add my "search" gripe since I love to whine. Searching by member number is not nearly as useful as searching by name.

I didn't realize how much name searching I used to do. Would it be possible to get a list of registered users and their member numbers?

Treeburst155 out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Let me add my "search" gripe since I love to whine. Searching by member number is not nearly as useful as searching by name.

I didn't realize how much name searching I used to do. Would it be possible to get a list of registered users and their member numbers?

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There already is one - sort of. It's in the General Forum...but......sorry....you'd have to search for it....DOH

Also expanding the "Search By Date:" to include 90, 120, 180 day parameters etc would be appreciated. Sometimes I know there was a topic from a couple months ago yet when I search I get hits from 2 years ago, filling up the 200 limit, without ever getting to the recent ones I wanted!

I have never had a problem with the speed of the Search. I agree searching by Member name is more intuitive than by Number.

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask, and ye shall recieve...

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000477

This list hasn't been updated for quite some time, so there might be a few that aren't included, but the majority are there.