with deep ditch tile' which doesn't

block LOS. Location:in ditch)

I'm not complaining, but that sort of

thing could get really strange if CM2

uses 5x5 tiles. Given the way troops

run for cover, it's gonna be 'pack em

in boys!'.

smile.gif

CMPlayer: Don't forget that what you see on the screen and what the program uses internally are often quite different.

If you go down to "realistic" scale, you might get a better idea of how much cover is available.

I do agree that sometimes a tiny sliver of "woods" offers more cover and concealment than it should.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

CMPlayer: Don't forget that what you see on the screen and what the program uses internally are often quite different.

If you go down to "realistic" scale, you might get a better idea of how much cover is available.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, but then also don't forget that

those 3 little guys are actually 9-12

men.

regards,

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sure, but then also don't forget that

men. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, that paints a pretty funny picture...A whole squad of troops hiding behind a single elm.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

but then I'd rather see a 'road

with deep ditch tile' which doesn't

block LOS. Location:in ditch)

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got the perfect sound file -

"You're in the Army now -

"Get out of the ditch, you son of a #$%$#^

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dNorwood:

I've got the perfect sound file -

"Get out of the ditch, you son of a #$%$#^

"You're in the Army now -<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my favourites is 'Ouch, My LEG!'

shouted by a tank commander when he

gets hid by a sniper. It was either

a magic bullet, or maybe he was sunbathing

on top of the tank. (possible since they

say what you see on the screen is only

an abstraction of the maths in the game

engine)

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm not complaining, but that sort of thing could get really strange if CM2

uses 5x5 tiles. Given the way troops run for cover, it's gonna be 'pack em in boys!'.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CMPlayer,

Go read some history and you'll see that those ditches along the sides of the road aren't always what they're cracked up to be...

In the Battle for the Hurtgen Forest, some of the more devious German commanders had their troops litter the ditches with small schu mines (just big enough to blow off a hand or a foot, or make a good sized hole in someone). Position a machine gun farther down the road, and wait for the advancing troops to walk through the kill zone. One burst from the MG, and everyone dives for cover. Where? You guessed it. Boom, boom, boom.

Also, while your men might be in 'Light Trees' the compuer actually takes the area of the square unit base and compares it to the terrain underfoot then puts some parts of the squad in whaever it is standing in.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

CMPlayer,

Go read some history and you'll see that those ditches along the sides of the road aren't always what they're cracked up to be...

In the Battle for the Hurtgen Forest, some of the more devious German commanders had their troops litter the ditches with small schu mines (just big enough to blow off a hand or a foot, or make a good sized hole in someone). Position a machine gun farther down the road, and wait for the advancing troops to walk through the kill zone. One burst from the MG, and everyone dives for cover. Where? You guessed it. Boom, boom, boom.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very interesting, but I don't

see what it has to do with my post.

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Also, while your men might be in 'Light Trees' the compuer actually takes the area of the square unit base and compares it to the terrain underfoot then puts some parts of the squad in whaever it is standing in.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:confused:

Could you run that by me one more time?

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

CMPlayer,

In the Battle for the Hurtgen Forest, some of the more devious German commanders had their troops litter the ditches with small schu mines (just big enough to blow off a hand or a foot, or make a good sized hole in someone). Position a machine gun farther down the road, and wait for the advancing troops to walk through the kill zone. One burst from the MG, and everyone dives for cover. Where? You guessed it. Boom, boom, boom.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These days they line the ditches with primacord and wait till its full...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Sure, but then also don't forget that

men.

regards,

--Rett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must we forget that each square is a 20m square area. If you know what I mean as in 20m with the little two by it. ;)