CMBO in Japanese?

When I order my 3rd copy of CMBO (for the sake of 1.1 CD+Manual), I see an additional link to a Japanese site. It looks like a online store and it has CMBO on sale!

From the minimal Japanese I could understand, it seems the introduction of that site is far better than the CMBO site we all know and forget. biggrin.gif

BTW, the site says "price to be determined" and well, it sounds like there is a little change in the business model (personally I hate that word) in Battlefront.com.

All shots are taken from the finished product and a number of scenarioes we all know (too) well.

Frankly, all of in-game text are English.

Just curious (and that kills the cat -- presumably your King Tiger )

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

For the curious, here's the URL

Micromouse

It's a pretty enthusiastic sales pitch. I scanned it, but it's way too dense for me to try to read thoroughly without killing my poor little brain. It does look like they've used a certain number of mods for their screen shots.

I wouldn't say that BTS has changed its business model in any substantial way. The Japanese market is difficult and expensive for non-Japanese to market to, so finding an agent in-country merely adds incremental sales at no additional cost to BTS.

Bringing in more Japanese players can only be positive for CM. Think of the mod potential. Anime panzers anyone? And the potential for cross-theater grogdom is practically unlimited. Now I know how to say Panzerschreck in Japanese (panshashureku, for the curious) biggrin.gif

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 02-08-2001).]

Hehehe, would it open up a Pacific Theater of Operations total conversion? The Japanese fought hard and well to the last few months of the war. Would like to match up WWII U.S.Marines to the Imperial Japanese Marines...

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Now I know how to say Panzerschreck in Japanese (panshashureku, for the curious) biggrin.gif

Bah humbug - pantsashrekku of course (with a lower 'a' follwing the 'tsu'. Nitwit.

Calls himself a grog - if I had more time I would start debating the Kitchensink, but I am off to Ireland, so there.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by MikeT:

If anyone knows Japanese please let me know. I have plans for a mod in which Japanese is critical.

MikeT

desertcmt@home.com

I'm in Japan and my wife is Japanese. What do you need?

IMO I think CM would be a difficult sale in Japan. Japanese tend to use their PC's more for surfing, word processing and such. If you go into a PC store there's not nearly as many games for PC's as there are in the U.S.. It could be partly due to the language barrier but I figure it's because Playstation, Sega, and Nintendo are kings over here. There's zillions of titles to chose from for those consoles.

Old Crow, basically I have worked up a 7 page working paper on making a pacific mod for CMBO. Of course there are many things I cannot do but the system permit many.

I would need speech wav files for Japanese soldiers. If you email me at my home desertcmt@home.com I can return what is needed and what files are required.

MikeT

Yes Old Ctow, I think the Japanese don't play much on their PC, may be except H-Games (sorry if it sounds offensive).

If you don't know already, even Sega is out on console hardware business, but they still remain in software.

BTW, they have a tank-sim (which is light imo) called "Panzer Front" and the sequel called "Panzer Front bis" is going to be released on PS2 (or for US ppl, PSX2).

Japan is an interesting country. They are heavily influensed by US clutures but it is quite difficult to to business with them. smile.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

I stand corrected, thanks.

My younger brother has PS2 on his own and there are quite a few exciting titles out there like Gundam. However, the graphics are not as good as it has been, so, wait.

IMHO, sims and wargames are still best on PC/Mac!

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Originally posted by Germanboy:

Bah humbug - pantsashrekku of course (with a lower 'a' follwing the 'tsu'. Nitwit.

Calls himself a grog - if I had more time I would start debating the Kitchensink, but I am off to Ireland, so there.

Erm, my bad. The braincells devoted to katakana were a bit calcified. And you don't want to lose yet another Kitchensink debate to me, you Linkswichser. Off to Ireland with you and you can stay there. No, wait, I take that back, because Ireland is a nice place. You should be permanently deported to someplace more appropriate, like Essen. Baka yaroo, yotsuashi yabanjin.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University