Jeeps, is there a mod?

I ran a search and looked in a few threads but, I never saw a link to a modded jeep file.

Has anyone got one?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with the original, but it looks a bit out of place with all the other beautifuly rendered vehicle mods.

Thanks for any help.

What I'm waiting for is a nice hi-res jeep. C'mon, Tiger!

I agree. I have Mojo's "muddy" jeep mod, and while an improvement over the original, it still looks too bright green and out of place beside the other modded vehicles. We need someone to do a nice hi-res weathered jeep...

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

What I'm waiting for is a nice hi-res jeep. C'mon, Tiger!

(And while you're at it, can you model one with a lowered windshield and mounting an anti-wire bar on the bumper?)

I'm not Tiger, but I am currently working on a hi-res mod for both the standard jeep, and the MG jeep (since they both share the same .bmps except for the side skins).

I tried to model the anti-wire field mod that you see in so many pictures of jeeps in Normandy, but unfortunately it isn't possible. Why? Because the physical models for the vehicles can't be modified. Therefore, if you 'paint' the anti-wire support bars and main center post into the front view .bmp, and then on the side view .bmps, all that happens is a)- they don't show up on the side views (no physical model shape for them to be applied to), and B)- on the front view all that happens is that the picture of the front grille has a flat image of the anti-wire device painted over it, which then cuts off at the hood and then reappears again on the front windshield. If this sounds confusing, all I can say is that it doesn't look good at all when viewed in the game.

I haven't tried taking out the windshield, but now that you mention it.... I'll have to give that a shot.

Originally posted by Doug Williams:

Michael,

I looked, and could not find it...

-Doug

Sorry - the URL is

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmarmbits.htm

about halfway down, lumped with the Universal Carrier. Bear in mind this will impact your MG jeep, too.

I had hoped to find time to go back and clean this one up, but have had other priorities. I would recommend downloading the bmps into a seperate folder and viewing them before you put them in the CMBO folder. I really do need to add a jpg to the site so people can see it before they download it. The colour matches a little better to restored jeeps I've inspected. Its unfortunate that owning a 49 Willy's doesn't also make me an expert at modding them, so use at your own risk. Feedback welcomed.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission