CM2 Screenshots? Please????

Hi,

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm itching to see some shots of this game. I don't care how they look, I just want to see something at least....go ahead and lie even...new building, new unit, new anything, I don't care, just new something!

Please?????

Medlinke,

You must have missed this BIG TIME!

KV2s.jpg

from http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/015488.html

And:

cm2.jpg

from http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/014870.html

biggrin.gif

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 03-20-2001).]

Still no shadows?

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-20-2001).]

Its a long running joke here, these cleverly faked pix. Theve been posted before and greeted with howls of derisive laughter, or whatever the equivalent is on this forum.

My first clue was the swastika, since I don't think BTS would put one in CM2, due to certain laws in germany which we need not discuss here.

Actually, I believe the second picture is real. It was a model done back in the days of the Beta (and the Swastika was still a part of the game at that time). Steve and Charles probably just wanted to experiment with the Beta to see a T34 and what the East Front might look like.

However the T34 model has some shading on the turret sides and top, some I'm not sure about it absolutely.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Actually, I believe the second picture is real. It was a model done back in the days of the Beta (and the Swastika was still a part of the game at that time). Steve and Charles probably just wanted to experiment with the Beta to see a T34 and what the East Front might look like.

Then why did they use The Last Defense as the map for it? Those are the beta trees, but I just blew the dust off the beta demo, and I can re-create the exact place that screenshot was taken from.

Not only that, but I noticed that the name of the "scenario" is Lasteoff. Perhaps Last + dEFense?

As the last beta demo player to buy the full version, I'm a Last Defense expert.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Buy me Infini-D and I'll build all the spoofs you want. smile.gif

Then again, I'll see what I can do with Bryce. It ain't much for building tanks, but at least they'll have shadows. Stay tuned for the newest spoof.

------------------

While prowling around on Big Time's image directory, I found these screenshots! Looks like the wireframes are almost done, but some of the textures aren't. Check them out!

BryceT34.jpeg

BryceT34second.jpeg

Well, actually, I made these in Bryce. Not too bad for a terrain modeling program, if I say so myself. However, I realise that they could be improved. Therefore, I'm posting the 3D source code on my website. Modify them, work them into your own Bryce pictures, do whatever you want. Go to the images section of The Last Defense to find the source code.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-21-2001).]

LOL smile.gif

I made the picture with the T34 in April 99'... The map is the LD map from the beta demo and the tank is stolen from SSI Panzer Commander biggrin.gif. I think a monkey with a brush can do a better work. But true Mods makers can may be create today few mods for russian lend-lease tanks (Sherm or Churchill)...

Panzer- I draped a parachute over a toga party. smile.gif

Send me a picture of your girlfriend laying down, and I can transform her into a hill, if you want.

I wish CM had terrain that smooth. Also, note that the shadows are realitic, instead of grey rectangles.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-21-2001).]