Two more things to be changed on the forum...

Okay, I got a new padlock icon that is more obvious but I am not sure about the font size, its seems rather TOO big at 800x600 and 1024x768.

I am going to set it back to the old setting but I am curious what other people say. I believe its the same as it was before the upgrade though.

Madmatt

Well, I think its important to have an obvious Padlock Icon and thats pretty much what we got now. I will see what I might be able to come up with in the future though. I need to doublecheck the font size and type from the old forum still.

Madmatt

For a larger fontsize all you windows users try this: Hit Control and at the same time scroll your mousewheel down. Works for now. smile.gif

I haven't figured out yet how to do this without the scrollwheel.

I think the padlock is just fine. Clearly different. At 1024x768 the font is fine for me on a 15" monitor. I agree about the color difference being almost indistinguishable for read and unread. Looks great and lots of great work done, many thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Well, it will be visited and unvisted links, there is no special read and unread color thread. I will look at making the visited link color a little brighter.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...I've got to admit its getting better,

a little better all the time...

Well now I can have my iMac on the coffee table with my feet up, Airport connection, with my beer in my hand and read the forum while sitting back. It is definitely something I can live with. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

The font size is better now. Looks like it's the same size as the old forum. Can you make the really big text, like "Displayed Name," "Instant Graemlins," and "Message" smaller, though? They really are too big.

[ 04-13-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently not, at least not easily and not worth my time anymore.

Madmatt

This is much better! smile.gif The white and yellow script is a little faint against the light blue background, but since we really don't need to spend a lot of time reading those once we are familiar with them, I don't see that it is worth the trouble of hassling with them. Madmatt's time will be better spent helping get CM2 on the road IMHO.

Michael

I don't know if it's just me, but the default text size seems far far too large - and I'm running at 1280x on a 19" monitor. In the old forum I used to always go to View -> Text Size -> Smaller and when you upgraded the forum I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to do that anymore... Most other UBB-based forums that you will go to will have it on that size setting. Here are three examples for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/boards/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

http://bb.cs-skins.net/bbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi

Regardless though I still will come (just since I know you guys were holding your breath to find out ;). Oh and one more thing - please get rid of the "edited by" messages, since they seem to show up above the signatures... Anyway, keep up the good work,

[ 04-13-2001: Message edited by: KMHPaladin ]

I think the forum looks super-great. Thanks for all the work that went into it. IMHO, most of the recent (and subsequent) postings are not much more than whining and nit-picking. Mainly, I just want to send my Thanks to BTS for making this forum available to all of us. Great job, and keep up the good work!

Leeo