A Moment of Your Time

Hi All,

The Sidewalk Sale at Forward Observer has officially ended. All the Members are folding their tables and putting everything away until the next Sale. The street sweepers should be passing through here shortly.

To summarize, the Sidewalk Sale was a HUGE success and it surpassed my expectations by a large margain. 19 Member sites participated by providing 33 updates for me to post. Also, 3 new Members joined Forward Observer over the weekend, bringing the total number of Member sites to 40!

But, the number that really stands out is 1200. That is the number of hits that Forward Observer EXCEEDED during the 52 hours of the Sidewalk Sale. Based on that, it appears many of you enjoyed yourselves (or, one of you REALLY enjoyed yourself).

Anyway, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you. First, thanks go to all of you who stopped by all the Member sites and enjoyed themselves. Second, thanks go to all the Member sites whose hard work and cooperation made the Sidewalk Sale the success that it was. And finally, thanks go to my wife for allowing me to spend the weekend attached to our computer. smile.gif

Until next time...

Yeah, thanks for hosting the sale. I don't have a hit counter either, but I'm sure I got a lot more visits over the weekend. Thanks again.

Darn, I finished the last of my peanut butter yesterday. -looks in cupboard- well, I got three bottles of tobasco sauce and half a package of cookies. Should go well with toast.

Yeah...thanks Ted!!!...if i woz a General i'd pin a medal to ya chest!. Oh, and say thanks to your wife for "allowing" you do to this!. ;)

p.s - If you are intending on doing this again sometime, let me know in advance when and i'll make sure i'm away on holiday!. smile.gif

Just wanted to fling some kudos about and let you know our average hits at DFDR went from 230 a day to over 400(!!!)over the course of the Sidewalk Sale weekend. This was a great idea and I think more events are in order (and sooner than the 2nd annual Sidewalk Sale!).

It didn't just provide a slew of goodies for the CM community, but really got Logan and I to kick ourselves in the ass and produce.

Cheers!

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

Ahh, congradulations!

Too bad, I don't know if Angelfire has access counters so I have no idea what-so-ever how many has come to my site. NM.

Griffin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's of any help, my site had over 100 hits over the weekend of the sale. Considering that nobody else is linking to my site (yet), and it doesn't register with any search engines. Those of you with better-known sites can multiply that by whatever factor you feel applies. I would say that's evidence enough of the beneficial effect of SuperTed's sale.

Incidentally, those of you without means of counting hits might be interested in www.nedstat.com .

Regards,

A sidewalk sale? Damn, you can't go away for even two days with missing something. It's bad enough I miss out on the posts and have to catch up but now somebody does something behind my back. Damn! :mad: Glad to hear it worked for everybody, however. ;)