How to make CM look better?

I've checked out the many good mods for terrain and tress but my questions pertain to different aspects of the graphics. Please answer if you know.

1- Does CM support 32 bit color?

2- I have the demo and waiting on the full game to arrive. How can I run at 1600x1200 without changing my Windows desktop resolution?

3- Does it look better with or without mipmapping? Does it support mipapping?

4- Who has the bets uniforms mod?

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by corn55:

I've checked out the many good mods for terrain and tress but my questions pertain to different aspects of the graphics. Please answer if you know.

2- I have the demo and waiting on the full game to arrive. How can I run at 1600x1200 without changing my Windows desktop resolution?

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.) No. 16-bit color only.

2.) Nope. Have to have desktop res set to 1600x1200.

3.) Don't know.

4.) Andrew Fox (AndrewTF). US, German and soon to be release Commonwealth.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by corn55:

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.) Nope.

2.) Nope, not possible.

3. Every game looks better with mip mapping. I think CM supports it but I'm not sure.

4. It's a kind of personel taste, I like DD's and Maximus' uniform mods a lot.

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaBellum:

4. It's a kind of personel taste, I like DD's and Maximus' uniform mods a lot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny. I've switched to Andrew Fox's uniforms myself. smile.gif I tend to like that photo-realistic look myself. ;)

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

It is possible to run CM at a higher resolution than your desktop. A few times people posted about a program that lets you do this, but I can't remember what it is called. I could never get it to work so I don't use it, but others have used it succssfully. I would tell you to do a search, but that would be against the Geneva Convention. :(

Yes it IS possible!!!!

I'm using something called QRES, which when run, will sit as a tab in the CM shortcut's properties. In QRES you can set the resolution.

When you click on the icon, it temporarily resets the resoultion of windows, then when the game is over, it resets it.

Works great! I'm running it on Win 98.

I'll have to go find wherer I got it... will post that later.

** okay, try this http://www.berend.com/news.html

** download the QRES version 1.09

** I still need to get home to see if it's the same version I have, but it looks correct.

** Enjoy!!!

Aloid

p.s. I remember when I got it that it said it was for use on Win 95, but don't let that stop you.

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Aloid ]