Some questions about CM and BTS

I was just wondering a few tings about Combat Mission and BTS.

1) Has BTS ever announced how many copies of CMBO they have sold?

2) What did Charles and Steve do before working on CMBO?

3) Is there a history of the development of CMBO anyhwere?

Thanks.

1) No. They are a privately held company and righly regard such information as their business.

2) I have no idea. Rumor has it that Steve spent his formative years with paramilitary groups in the Bekka Valley in Lebanon, while Charles was the navigator on the Martian Space Ship R`Kog`Lok` before being beamed to earth.

3) This forum chronicles the development of CMBO quite well. You might get done reading it all when CMVI-22: Beyond Baghdad comes out.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

3) This forum chronicles the development of CMBO quite well. You might get done reading it all when CMVI-22: Beyond Baghdad comes out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...

There are 776 pages of topics on the forum (just the main CM page, the other pages are relatively new, considering the earliest post that still exists is from Feb '99 (its pretty funny that the third earliest post was locked because it was someone asking a common question smile.gif)).

Each page has 25 topics.

Each topic has (say) 20 posts.

Each post is (say) 1/5 of a page long (50 words)

So you'd only need to read for 1552 hours. That's only 97 days at 16 hours a day!

Get to it! ;)

--Chris

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Maastrictian ]

I realize I could read through the entire forum to get a feeling for the development of CMBO, but I do have a life. No, really I do.

I was more interested in where the idea for the game came from and what provided the initial impetuous to start development.

I was also just curious what other projects Steve and Charles had been involved with prior to CM.

CM actually began as a computer version of Advanced Squad Leader. The deal went sour early in developement and BTS decided to keep going anyway with their own new design and funding, but with ASL as a sort of inspiration.

IIRC Steve at one time was the head of the QA department of Sierra On-Line.

AFAIK Charles did not exist before he began work on CM ;)