V-1 launching sights

Since in September of 1944 the Allies began ground capture of the V-1 launching sights, there should be a building (availible for se, 1944 only) for a V-1 Launching sight. With the pad and bunkers, and a V-1 resting on the pad. Now wouldn't that make a good scenario?

It wouldn't have happened enough for BTS to bother modeling it. I suppose that you could make a mod of a house so it looks like a concrete bunker.

Other ideas- Use a 75mm AT pillbox with no ammo for the bunkers. Use the pavement tile on a slope for the launch ramp. For a rocket, place a truck on the map where you want it, then use the map editor to put a rough tile underneath it. The truck will now be immobile, making the perfect Giant "Laser." Oops, I mean "Rocket." smile.gif Or use an ammoless tank for a more durable rocket.

It takes a little imagination, but you would have your rocket launch scenario. Build it and I'll be sure to play it to see how it turned out.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Niles -

I don't want to get accused of beating up the new guy, but you really ought to acquaint yourself with a lot of the information available on this bbs through the search function which is available on the page.

The three threads you have started all deal with items which are of little frequency, or already are modelled. Rememmber with CM that the engine models far more than you can see, and has undergone a massive amount of testing and revision to get it to this point (which was pretty much perfect in my opinion a few revs ago).

When you start new threads dealing with things that may already have been covered in detail, you can count on two things happening. (1) People will be a bit of a smartass to you (done very well by Simon Fox and more crudely by others yet to make an appearance), and (2) You will eventually get your questions answered.

The detail you seek is all in here and a search will uncover it for you. Starting three threads in ten minutes that make niggling complaints about what isn't in the model already is likely to bring out some of the more unattractive (yet often hilarious) behaviour of people who have been around (literally) years.

Now, if that sort of thing is your bag, I invite you to head over to a thread with "Peng" in the title and fire away with all your questions and pet peaves.

People will be a bit of a smartass to you
Sorry Goanna, not having the benefit of your US education I don't 'know' what a smartass is. Aha! your posing as an Aussie is revealed for the sham it is. You Foster's (blech) swilling, shrimp munching septic Claytons Aussie.

------------------

"Stand to your glasses steady,

This world is a world of lies,

Here's a toast to the dead already,

And here's to the next man to die."

-hymn of the "Double Reds"

Guest Mikey D

There will, no doubt, be NO V1 launch sites worked into a new version of CM1, BUT for CM2...

I was thinking that CM lets you place 'neutral' objective flags on a map. What's to stop them from supplying a whole pile of cool 'neutral' polygons to spruce up the game?

As examples, they could supply placeable polygons for:

telephone poles

lengths of fencing

civilian cars & trucks (abandoned)

street lamps

street signs

statues!

This would add zero to the game but it would help in the quest for 'virtual reality'.

Originally posted by Mikey D:

telephone poles

lengths of fencing

street lamps

street signs

statues!

This would add zero to the game but it would help in the quest for 'virtual reality'.

I would love to see all of these; they looked cool in Muzzle Velocity.

Originally posted by Mikey D:

As examples, they could supply placeable polygons for:

telephone poles

lengths of fencing

street lamps

street signs

statues!

WOW! Truer words were never said. I'd go nuts if we had some customizeable sprite graphic placeholders that could be dotted about the landscape. BTS, are you listening? The possibilities would be mind-boggling for us mod nuts. Admittedly I'm already mind-boggled... biggrin.gif

Wow, my first stalker. Simon, sorry for referring to you as a smartass, when you are clearly a dumbass. The fact that some boozed up dockworker forgot to pull out of whatever tart he was abusing one night twenty-odd years ago in Freemantle does not actually make you, due to the unfortunate accident of your birth within the confines of Australia, any more Australian than last weeks legal refugees from Kosovo. Now, in an effort to head off you following me around every thread with your pathetic name calling, let me get on the record right now that I have, in fact, acquired some of my education in the US, some in Australia and even more in other parts of the world you would be unlikely to be able to pronounce. Who gives a ****? Probably few, but since you are the kind of total wuss that likes to attack people in public forums and then tee-hee to yourself in private about what a true blue Aussie pundit you are while hiding behind the fact that you don’t post your e-mail address, I will give it to you here.

If you have anything else to say to me, I suggest you e-mail it directly to me rather than expose yourself as the Pauline Hanson sycophant you clearly are. It might surprise you, but xenophobia is strangely unpopular outside of places like WA and QLD.

Guest MantaRay

Didnt the Allies destroy most of the V-1 and V-2 sites from the air anyway?

And my ass is smart, I park it in a chair and play CM. Don't need an edumacation in CMbonics for that. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

New Site of the PLA:Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

For launch sites I use bunkers with the firing slits all pointing at each other.

LOS--LOS

LOS--LOS

LOS--LOS

4 to 6 placed so they touch on two sides

(or three) makes for a very realistic looking

pad. Also can double for ammo dumps, supply dumps.

During operations they hold the battle line much longer, allowing for some interesting

scenario design. The battle line may shift, but now you have this huge "pocket" that gives you something to recapture. Try it, I have a huge operation called "Rescue" that I have been playtesting with these "bunkers".

It is a little tricky placing them though.

[This message has been edited by riptides (edited 03-02-2001).]