Is PzKpfw-I going to be included in CM:BB?

As the headline says, is this cool vehicle going to be included? Although there weren't many and it was used only in the beginning, it would be cool to have included.

So often people ask for tanks like Maus or IS-III, but why don't they ever ask for crappy early war tanks/tankettes? Are they just looking for bigger phallic symbols?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tss:

T-37, T-37, T-37!

I want it, now!<hr></blockquote>

LOL! How about BT-42. It was, after all, used in the (in?)famous battle of Viipuri/Vyborg in 1944, so it would have use for scenario designers.

BT-42 was a Finnish "upgunned" version of captured BT-tanks. It had a British 114 mm howitzer that was about as effective against T-34 and KV-1 as toothpick is against a lion. Brilliant showcase of Finnish engineership.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sergei:

BT-42 was a Finnish "upgunned" version of captured BT-tanks. It had a British 114 mm howitzer that was about as effective against T-34 and KV-1 as toothpick is against a lion. Brilliant showcase of Finnish engineership.<hr></blockquote>

Oh, don't be naive.

Don't you know that ancient, feeble uberFinns routinely slaughter lions with toothpicks?

It should be plain to the meanest intelligence that, if crewed by blind octogenerian uberFinns, one out-of-gas BT-42 perched atop a hill in plain sight of a brigade of elite Soviet armor would slaughter them to a man.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Terence ]</p>

Terence wrote:

It should be plain to the meanest intelligence that, if crewed by blind octogenerian uberFinns, one out-of-gas BT-42 perched atop a hill in plain sight of a brigade of elite Soviet armor would slaughter them to a man.

Octogenerian? Is that something like a generic squid? That would explain things, though I think I should consult my copy of Webster before using it ... oh, a person 80-90 years old.

On 20 June there were actually few firefights between BT-42s, T-34s, and KV-Is (though it is quite possible that they were IS-IIs or Churchills, instead).

In one of them a BT-42 hit the enemy tank 18 (IIRC) times with absolutely no effect. Given that ROF of the poor thing was so painstakingly low (2-piece ammo) I've always wondered what the Soviet crew was doing at the time, maybe they were having a picnic behind some hillock or something.

I fear that BT-42 is about the least important armored vehicle in Ostfront so its inclusion is not very probable. Also, it isn't one that comes free because its gun was not used in other vehicles or in direct fire duty.

In addition to the battle of Viipuri, the only combat use was when they were field-tested in summer 1943 at River Svir where they knocked out several Soviet fortifications with direct fire.

The worst thing about the whole BT-42 project was that they would actually have made pretty good mobile artillery and most of the crews came from field artillery so there wouldn't have been any big training difficulties for adopting them into that role.

However, some high-level commander believed that having a gun, a turret, and tracks was enough to make a tank.

- Tommi