The First of CM Clones to come

I know you shouldnt judge a book by its cover,but I just downloaded and watched the promo trailer for GI Combat.From what I saw I dont think anyone at Bigtime should be losing any sleep.Im not being snobbish but I dont think it will really appeal to The mass of CMBO players.The video was accompanied by a cheesy heavy rock soundtrack and a fairly misleading blend of in-game graphics and what looked like pre-rendered intro scenes.It seemed a lot more arcade oriented,but, like I say,maybe I should reserve judgement untill I see the finished product.Who knows it might keep GunnyBunny happy,Seriously!(and before anyone starts jumping to his defence,I dont really give a toss about his quest for The graphical holy grail one way or another.

I doubt it will ever me a true clone of CM. They will never be able to create a system where you can control each man individually, at the scale that CM simulates. Heck, in the view modes that they showed in most of the teaser movie, you would be hard pressed to manage at good sized CC battle.

Hopefully they will succeed and create a good RTS game with realistic units, which doesn't degenerate into a clicking frenzy clone. But if they produce a bug ridden game, with realistic units on the far side of sudden strike, that will be the death blow for me ever buying another Talonsoft game.

Originally posted by Monte99:

Just checked out the GI Combat forum. The game may not be a CM clone, but the grognards there appear to be every bit as tedious as they are here.

Oh, PLEASE! You were rolling on the floor like a dog wanting his tummy rubbed when the wrench grog posted that jpg of a "spanner" here.

Admit it!

Dang......

another thread that will have to be locked.

Please people, post this stuff in the gereral forum. There is alreadya gicombat thread there.

Crepitis,

With all due respect thier game is still being developed. I imagine those were alpha graphics and/or holders.

If you judged CM on its early art work... no one would be here smile.gif

Lorak