What IS the worst piece of junk

I thnik that the jeep is just useless id it doesn't have an MG. Even as a scout, it's hust too vulnerable. Once I saw two tigers, a PzGmkIV, and some light armor in a climp behind some woods. So I send the jeep up. It sees them just as sound contacts. Then I use a real heavy barrage-155mms, 105mms,even a few 81mm and 60mm mortars. Guess whicth vehicle gets knocked out on the first turn of artillery falling- the jeep.

My god it's been awhile!!!

The Nashorn is pretty much useless. I think the problem is that people know how crappy the armour is so they're not scared of it.

The H-39 isn't that bad. It can at least suppress some troops.

The one vehicle I've never used is the Marder II.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

A major source of Wild Bill scenarios!

I would agree with those that say trucks, jeeps, and kubels. It's true that any unit can be usefull in the right situation and if used properly though. The above vehicles are just the ones I find the least usefull on average.

The Wespe/Priest are some of the vehicles that I buy the MOST, so I find them quite good for the price. And in a recent tournament game I bought a Marder II that performed very well. For the price I love these three.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

Archer, the designer of this thing must now be working for Bill Gates!

Jeeps? I find them great for getting that Piat or Sniper way out on front on big maps to ambush tanks/commanders. They are the fastest vehicle and can cover HUGE distances. If they get hit the other player will more than likely assume the bailed "Inf?" is its crew. Hide the dumped/bailed assassin till the time is right. Be "gamey" and have the real crew get killed off and the player will assume theres nothing left.

Pud

(Fixed typo)

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 02-12-2001).]

Marder II is really great vehicle. Its gun traverse is good which means fast targeting and good first shot change. I only use them in pairs in ambush positions.

Last game against AI one of my Marders took out 6 Shermans smile.gifBoth my Marders survived alive. So i think its worth of trying.

>...and Nashorn is useless. Even from 2km range.

Yet IRL it was a potent tank killer with its powerfull gun. Best used from ambush.

Not that there are any "anomalies" in CM and its representation of certain non-turreted vehicles and their relation their real life counter parts and tactics used. wink.gif

Originally posted by tero:

Yet IRL it was a potent tank killer with its powerfull gun. Best used from ambush.

The Nashorn was a vehicle designed for the eastern front. It's a fish out of water in the Bocage of the ETO.

Not that there are any "anomalies" in CM and its representation of certain non-turreted vehicles and their relation their real life counter parts and tactics used. wink.gif

Now don't tease us and run off. I'd be curious to know which non-turreted vehicles have anomalies in CM and exactly what these anomalies are. And as far as I know "tactics used" is up to the player, not the game.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 02-12-2001).]

I just remembered the very worst unit I've ever used, to try something historical:

A German Conscript 75mm arty FO, without TRP.

About 6 minutes response time to get something slightly less than an 81mm mortar...

(Added the historical part: )

This was to fill out my Volkssturm defenders in a QB. VS typically used 75mm arty.

Cheers

Olle

[This message has been edited by Olle Petersson (edited 02-13-2001).]