Is there a compiled listing of equipment?

Is there a document of file out there that has the entire listing of equipment available for purchase in CM with the stats of each included. Using the table provided in the game can be cumbersome when trying to do alot of comparison shopping.

Has anyone made one or was there one ever put together by the original folks? Also did the graphical armor penetration charts ever see the public light of day since they wouldn't fit on the CD?

------------------

"Professionals are predictable. Its the amateurs that are dangerous."

Murphy Law of Combat #6

Originally posted by Heavy Water Hauler:

Is there a document of file out there that has the entire listing of equipment available for purchase in CM with the stats of each included. Using the table provided in the game can be cumbersome when trying to do alot of comparison shopping.

I can e-mail it off to you. Let me know and I will zipped it off. The DataBase (version 1.11) was done by Jason McGrody(guachi@bayou.com)

Regards,

Charl Theron

OK, OK! Jeez gentleman, my mailbox was flooded last night for requests with regard to the MSExcel97 spreadsheet pertaining to all the equipment/vehicles with their stats/firepower ratings in CM:BO.

Some e-mails pleaded that they are getting their but kicked on tournament ladders as the result of not choosing the right platoons/squads etc.

No, this Excel database will not save your butt by covering your mistakes Sirs! wink.gif

However, patience will be required. I will send it off to each and every one (67 replies!) during today. (Saturday)

Nevertheless, it is a VERY handy database to have. Just make sure that the main Excel database file is in the SAME directory as the other files that comes with the Zip.

PS: For the record, I am not the author of this unit database, but a hardworking gentleman by the name of Jason McGrody (guachi@bayou.com)

I am asking Madmatt and Kwazydog if they could host Jason's (with his permission of course) nifty Excel macro-based CM:BO Unit Database, as posting it to everybody (file zipped = 3,4MB) is too TEDIOUS and SLOW - Takes 8 minutes to e-mail!

The original link at Jason McGrody's website ("guachi") for d/l the above Database is broken. Will post a reply as soon as I hear from the above gentleman.

Regards

Charl Theron

Mr. Theron,

My wife and your wife (Lucy?) had a short conversation about CMBO - their take being it was a Silly Game and we are both addicted to it (but useful if they want to get said husband out of their hair for a couple of hours)

Was buying a couple of sweet wines in Stellenbosch when I saw a copy of the manual on the desk... pity you weren't in.

Anyway the noble rot riesling was superb (a half bottle, helderburg auction I think). The muscadel was so so, but that is more because I don't much care for muscadet rather than the wine. But that riesling was GOOD! And compared to any sauternes or late harvest german wine, great value.

The whole trip (a 2 week holiday round SA) was great, and think SA wines have a great future once the world knows more about them.

Anyway, unfortunately my home PC has been blasted by virus on our return. Once it's up and running, can you persuade your wife that one more PBEM opponent is manageable?

Brgds Richard

Hello Richard!

Good to see you! Of course, another PBEM opponent is just the right thing to spice up the addiction. I'll send you the set-up files + parameters ASAP. Which e-mail should I use?

Regards

Charl Theron

Much obliged Wolfe! Thank you.

In the mean time people, I am trying to contach Jason McGrody with regard to a download link where he's nifty CM:BO Excel Unit Database can be downloaded. Madmatt already indicated that he is willing to host the download with Jason's permission if Jason does not have a new download link (he's old link is now sadly defunct)

Kind regards

Charl Theron