CM Features I wouldn't miss...

Ok, I know...Harsh subject header, but we all have a pet peeve about CM that we'd like see gone, and my biggest one (Of the moment) is the way that Squads rotate, just like if they were a field piece.

They're not trying to hold and echelon right formation in a building for Chesty's sake! Why does it take so long for people to turn around? :mad:

...Ok. I'm all cooled off now. :cool:

I realize that the delay could symbolize their individual reaction times, and what we see on the replay isn't exactly what the game engine uses to figure out what's going on, but still, it takes too long for squads to pivot.

Squads, specially Veteran and up should be the fastest reacting things on the battlefield.

Gyrene

If there was one thing I could change then it would be the unit debriefing ("Kills"), where I would prefer FULL and DETAILED information about all kills made, including unidentified ones.

Sadly, this seems to be impossible.

Regards, Thomm

I can see the logic of a sparse or incomplete report while the scenario is playing out--to maintain fog of war. But it would be nice to have full info (or the option of it) available once the scenario is completed.

I'd be particularly interested in learning more about artillery kills. Often that lists out as "no kills" when I know I've been clobbering the enemy infantry. It would be nice to be able to learn after a battle how effective an artillery barrage actually was.

It seems reasonable to assume the AI actually HAS this info. In fact, it must take more computing power to decide how to LIMIT info based on close LOS than to provide full info.

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

[bad day edited]

No, Gyrene, it does not work like that when you are really out there…

In CM it takes 6 seconds for a regular squad to shift 100% of it’s firepower 180 degrees. This would never, repeat never, happen that quickly in real life!

If anything the squads in CM are too agile in this sense.

M.

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Mattias ]

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Mattias ]