Beastables Winter Dazzle Pattern, Panther MkVg

Jeff and Kitty,

Once again misunderstanding blossums. Why I venture from the pool anymore is beyond me.

Jeff,

Bastables ask you to post the pic.(nice by the way)

In bastables next post he says:

"And now for Kittys next trick smile.gif"

Kitty does some nice Mods and I believe Bastables was droping a hint.

I don't think the picture was causing any grief. I think Kitty just wondered if she could get it in color so she would know how to paint it.

Cripes It is always like walking on egg shells out here. I wish people would actualy take the time to read all the post before conclussions are drawn.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 01-05-2001).]

Slappy and his psychodelic mod, sounds way cool!

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a pool of Armor Mods with multi colored polka dots on them and troops that have big orange hair and big feet in parachute pants so when you take on some of the "clowns" you find here, you can really get into the mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Jeff and Kitty,

Once again misunderstanding blossums. Why I venture from the pool anymore is beyond me.

Jeff,

"And now for Kittys next trick smile.gif"

I don't think the picture was causing any grief. I think Kitty just wondered if she could get it in color so she would know how to paint it.

Cripes It is always like walking on egg shells out here. I wish people would actualy take the time to read all the post before conclussions are drawn.

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Kittys just messing with everyone, Ive been In contact with Kitty through ICQ and have been trying to get her intrested in this winter pattern. Thats all there is to this thread. I could have asked for Jeff to email it to her but all I have is her hotmail account with the problems that hotmail has with attachments.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

hmmm…I see...I guess??? I wouldn't have a clue on all that nonsense. I simply posted the picture because Bestables asked me too. A favor so to speak.

Whom would you be and why does this picture seem to give you grief? I can take it down if it is somehow offensive to you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL What? I'm Kitty and your picture isn't causing me any grief? I'm glad you posted it. What'd I do? =/

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

I see...well my apologies than if I was terse. I thought Kitty was being some sort of smart-ass. I can see now the error of my ways wink.gif I'm really only an ass-hole part of the time.

I guess if I were Beastables perhaps I would sit down and tinker about with a Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro program and make a vehicle mod myself. Much more gratifying, and it’s the only way to be sure of getting it the way you personally want it.

I used to make player made maps for Close Combat so I can appreciate the effort that goes into MOD making. KwazyDog was actually quite crucial in this whole process as he was the guy that made CC Map Maker (still on my hard drive..thanks again Kwazy Dog). Mapmaker allowed you to code the element files for CC maps and minimized hexadecimal editing and *.txt file editing. Making the map image was the easy and fun part. Developing the other data files associated with the maps was work, even with MM.

Anyway some of the more dynamic CC MOD makers sat down and wrote up a comprehensive manual on how to make CC maps from scratch (long after I had completed my last CC maps). Now these were some guys that were assets to the wargaming community.

Have a nice weekend.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Duquette (edited 01-05-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Jeff and Kitty,

Jeff,

"And now for Kittys next trick :)"

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!!! And Bastable's hint aside, how much more clearer could my previous posted explanation have been?

"Bastables wanted me to make a CM mod of this tank. Now given how stupid I am, how am I supposed to know what colors are on this tank? I'd guess maybe the darker areas are purple, the medium areas a hot pink, and

the light shades are yellow? =|"

<cries>

K

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Oh my God! How am I "messing" with anyone??? Good grief.

<Looking around for Rod Serling to make sure I'm not in the Twighlight Zone>

Kitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your're CA you always mess with people esp with mace the poor bugger.

Good, glad things have settled down.

I just hope people didn't think I was an ass for stepping in. I just notice that some people read things the wrong way when they are directly involved.

I figure sometimes a thrid party's take on things clears them up sometimes.

no harm, no foul...

Now... Kitty smile.gif are we going to see the mod? huh? huh? are we? please?

I would attempt it. Except for the fact that I have not one artistic cell in my body.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

I guess if I were Beastables perhaps I would sit down and tinker about with a Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro program and make a vehicle mod myself. Much more gratifying, and it’s the only way to be sure of getting it the way you personally want it.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Duquette (edited 01-05-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Kitty asked for ideas and I attempted to to give her some.

------------------

Kittys words smile.gif

For whatever reason, my guess is because the post was damn funny, the hamster jokes grew and grew. Slapdragon added some classic WWII photo retouches with hamsters (see "Combat Photos" on this site), and eventually it took on a life of it's own which, I guess pretty much peaked with my mods and this site. So you see, I'm not the originator of this thing, I just happened to stumble upon the CM boards at about the same time as OGSF's post appeared and I found it, and the subsequent posts it spawned, to be a refreshing change from the endless barrage of condescending and ultra-serious posts from insulting and short-tempered wanna-be academics about obscure information,

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 01-05-2001).]

Makin a mod can actually be kinda fun. You ought to give it a shot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I not sure you understand....... I'm not intrested in making mods, Kitty asked for some ideas and I've tried to help her. Again I'm not intrested in making mods.

Can somebody please clone me as i aint got enough hours in the day ( seeing as i have only one body) to do all these mods on me own smile.gif

This Panther i intend to have a go at once i finish up my latest bit of madness....but it is proving bothersome trying to operate a mouse whilst constrained by a strait jacket biggrin.gif

Regards

MÃ¥kjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MÃ¥kjager:

Can somebody please clone me as i aint got enough hours in the day ( seeing as i have only one body) to do all these mods on me own :)

This Panther i intend to have a go at once i finish up my latest bit of madness....but it is proving bothersome trying to operate a mouse whilst constrained by a strait jacket :D

Regards

MÃ¥kjager

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go ahead. It's all yours.

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

Hey Jeff I got some news youll love to hear. Gary Grigsby has started a new company and guess what..... He hired Ron Gretz as project coordinator, zonbie, future and GI Jonz!!!! Talk about your wargame dream come true. Also as far as KwazyDawg is concerned hes more or less responsible for the 310+ custom maps weve been able to mage for the CC series. Damn his map program rocks!! As for turning to the dark side Jeff, I fear that is not the case smile.gif While CM is a cool game its not real time and that tension is what I like (non command & clone types of course).

As for the tank colors everyone seems to be debating the reality is quite obvious. They are dark grey with washes of off white stripes. There are more then enough scale model sites with reference material to prove this. Any white should also have a tint of yellow in it. Why? Easy...German paint at this time was made as a paste and then thinned with whatever petrolium based solvent was handy, gas, turpintine ect. This is were the yellowed tint comes from.

Speaking of odd colour camouflages:

1. I've read about one camo used on US tanks in Algeria/Tunisia; bright yellow paint thrown from a bucket over the corners of the OD tank.

2. Another US, this one modern; orange and white two tone pattern, for use in some specific desert terrain (Nevada?)

3. Hunters clothing camo; same colour pattern (plus cut and fabric) as the current Swedish M90 battle dress, but with a blueish red substituted for the greens and purple instead of dark grey. This blends in very well with foliage for the colour blind animals, but stands out for those that can see the difference between green and red.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Srategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...