1.1 is done! The next update I see better have some T-34's in it...

I sincerely hope that they take about three weeks off before they begin in earnest. Speaking from personal experience, taking a good break after working 6 or 7 days a week for 5 years or so will do wonders for productivity upon return smile.gif. Take a break... please, for all our sakes. smile.gif

Cheeers,

Walter R. Strapps

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... thanks guys smile.gif

Yes, work on CMBO is basically done. We will keep an eye out for any serious bugs (not just "gee, I think this should be tweaked"), which we will fix, but other than that we are starting on CM2 very shortly. We are first going to figure out what exactly we are going to put into the thing, THEN we will actually start the coding and artwork.

And yes... we have a list of about 10,000 ideas to sift through, so we have plenty of stuff to discuss already biggrin.gif

Steve

Yeah, I take 5 weeks off every year, and I don't even work that hard.

Reading the forum half of the time... smile.gif

Forgot to mention. Of course you'll have to work overtime

when you come back to make up for the lost time. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 01-10-2001).]

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

... some sun-drenched Carribean island, where scantily clad native girls scurry to and fro, serving them cold alcoholic beverages and cooling them with large wicker fans. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, this sounds like a great location for a "Combat Mission Convention", kinda like what the flight simmers do ... but with a better convention site! shades.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbnAirCav:

Hey, this sounds like a great location for a "Combat Mission Convention", kinda like what the flight simmers do ... but with a better convention site!   shades.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger THAT!

When and where is it?

-tom w

Boy, isn't that the truth. After 164k + posts, Steve and Charles must have

a truly *enormous* list of ideas and suggestions for CM2! Not to mention

stuff that would require so much work and/or more processing power that we'll

have to wait to for CM3, CM4 or CMII to even seem them implemented. smile.gif

Great work Steve and Charles, you guys have truly created something that

has gotten you into the PC gaming history books. No matter what happens

from here on out, you fellows have created a truly classic wargame. Not

to mention taking computer tactical wargaming to a whole new level of realism. smile.gif

BTS!

Scenario suggestion for CM2! How about one of those daring night actions from a Soviet forward detachment, like the one 26th Tank Corps sent during Stalingrad to secure a bridge across the Don by Kalach.

smile.gif

------------------

Best regards,

Greg Leon Guerrero