Vehicles BTS almost used: a complete list

I know little about WW2 and the names mean nothing to me, but grogs may be interested in this. These are the vehicle names in CM's raw code that are not associated with a model. I guess at some point BTS considered including these.

Sd Kfz 7/2 Flak vehicle

Sd Kfz 6/2 Flak vehicle

Brummbar

Mobelwag

Panzer IIIF

Marder I

Sd Kfz 135/2 SPH

4.7cm PaK auf Pzkw 35R(f)

Sd Kfz 2 Kelten Kraftrad

PSW 222

PSW 232 8-Rad

PSW 233

PSW 234/4 armoured support car

sIG 33/1 Grille

sIG 33/2 auf Jpz 38(t)

Sturmtiger

Aufklarer

Flakpanzer

Stuart I

Valentine

Tetrarch

Tetrarch CS

Locust

(i may have made a spelling mistake or two)

The 7/2 is in there. It's kinda of buggy in that it's really hard to kill with HE rounds.

Some of the Flakpanzers included. They are the Wirbelwind and Ostwind. Missing is the Mobelwagen thats on the list and the Flakpanzer 38(t).

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: panzerwerfer42 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

The 7/2 is in there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you're right. And it is the Flakpanzer 38(t) too. Plus i missed:

sd Kfz 10/4 Flak vehicle

Horch light command car

Complete list my arse. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tecumseh:

Yeah you're right. And it is the Flakpanzer 38(t) too. Plus i missed:

sd Kfz 10/4 Flak vehicle

Horch light command car

Complete list my arse. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I wanted the 10/4 in there. The 20mms are bad enough when not motorized. On a halftrack they could be pretty potent weapons. I know they were a favorite weapon of the SS in the Ost.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tecumseh:

I know little about WW2 and the names mean nothing to me, but grogs may be interested in this. These are the vehicle names in CM's raw code that are not associated with a model. I guess at some point BTS considered including these.

Sd Kfz 7/2 Flak vehicle

Sd Kfz 6/2 Flak vehicle

Brummbar

Mobelwag

Panzer IIIF

Marder I

Sd Kfz 135/2 SPH

4.7cm PaK auf Pzkw 35R(f)

Sd Kfz 2 Kelten Kraftrad

PSW 222

PSW 232 8-Rad

PSW 233

PSW 234/4 armoured support car

sIG 33/1 Grille

sIG 33/2 auf Jpz 38(t)

Sturmtiger

Aufklarer

Flakpanzer

Stuart I

Valentine

Tetrarch

Tetrarch CS

Locust

(i may have made a spelling mistake or two)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where are you getting this "raw code" from, out of curiosity?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sd Kfz 2 Kelten Kraftrad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yikes, Celts on Bikes! ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SenorBeef:

Where are you getting this "raw code" from, out of curiosity?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There are programs called "Hex-Editors" that enable you to view the .exe file byte for byte. You can then identify ASCII character strings within the .exe.

Regards, Thomm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rollstoy:

There are programs called "Hex-Editors" that enable you to view the .exe file byte for byte.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Its pretty boring, SenorBeef. And no, you can't get your opponent's password...its encrypted smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Took forever though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FOREVER. I was part of a group of fools quite a few years ago who put out new missions for F/A-18 Hornet by using nothing but hex code. Looking back, man i can't believe i had the patience.

Heh. I tried to disassemble a .cmb file to figure out how I could do transforms on large maps and cut them down into smaller maps, pick only a portion, etc.

It seems like an interesting structure. I hope BTS will give us a better map editor in CM II, that will allow us different sized maps, ability to pick a smaller section out of a larger map etc.

The Horch was in during the Beta but was removed prior to release.

As to hacking the code, there are ways to see into some of the temp data dump files that CM creates but it will not change anything in the game itself. Basically you can sometimes look (won't see much though), but touching won't make any difference. ;)

Madmatt

Guest Babra

A Felini-esque scene. A heavy-smoking cigarette rises in a darkened room. A desolate wind blows outside. A clock ticks.

Babs pines for Staghounds and Priest-Kangaroos.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rollstoy:

There are programs called "Hex-Editors" that enable you to view the .exe file byte for byte. You can then identify ASCII character strings within the .exe.

Regards, Thomm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured as much - I was just curious how he knew "not associated with any models".. I suppose he simply meant that they're not in the game. Or by the location in the file.

As for the "Aufklarer" I remember seeing them in Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far and the later CC games. I'm not sure how historically accurate they were but they were depicted as small 3-man infantry teams. Usually equipped with MP-40s but the Waffen SS ones sometimes get a nice MP-44 thrown in. When I tried the Fallschirmjager ones I was quite surprised and delighted... 3 FRIGGIN' MP-44s! That's firepower! :eek: Again, I'm not sure how historically accurate that was but I loved my scouts in the CC games.

As for the PzKpfw IIIF I would loved to have seen that in CMBO but their numbers surely by '44 are quite small.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Warmaker ]