My FO is hiding and targeting at the same time!

Woohoo! I'm not sure it's intentional though (i.e., it might be a bug). Here's what I did. YMMV. In one turn I snuck and hid my 105mm FO. The next turn he hadn't gotten to where he was going, but I targetted an area that was out of LOS at the moment but would be within LOS once he got there. So he got there, he hid, and he targetted. 2 minutes before death falls from unseen eyes. Yes!

BTS, don't you dare go fixing this if it is a bug! You hear me? Wait. Unless you want to fix it so you can more easily hide and target wink.gif

Would seem to make sense...not like a FO has to stand on a rock and wave his hands while he watches shells fall. Seems to me that he'd want to find himself a clump of bushes, get himself a nice hidey-hole with a decent view and watch the fun.

------------------

It is nearly always better to be beaten and learn, rather than to win and take no new knowledge from that victory.

Very interesting! The cat is out of the bag now. To tell you the truth though, I haven't had much trouble keeping my FO's from getting spotted while waiting on the rounds. It seems if you get them into a position unnoticed they stay that way. Maybe I've just been lucky with them.

Treeburst155

From 1.01, if you give you FO a movement order with a Hide command at the end, and, AFTER that, you makes the targetting, the FO reamains Hidden in the destination location until the shells start to fall. That was there from the begining of times smile.gif

If you are referring to another thing, I don't know, I always try to hide my FOs, despite knowing they wouldn't hide, and tehy don't hide after giving target orders...

Ariel

Guest Madmatt

Not a bug and you also aren't looking closely enough.

Pay attention to that counter as it ticks..Hmm ticks kinda slow doesn't it? Also pay attnetion to your arty spread...Hmm, doesn't appear as accurate either....

Do a test. Create your own map and stick some enemy units somewhere out of the way. Now march two spotters to the same spot and have one hide and one not. Give them both targeting orders somewhere in the clear (using the above method). Now watch as the the unhidden spotters rounds come down in about 1/2 the time, and with much greater accuracy...

(sigh) Someday people will actually test what they report...Someday...

Madmatt

Interesting Matt. I used to try to give a target command, then a move and hide or just plain hide and I was never able to do that. So I just assumed it was not possible to hide and target. Matter of fact, you still can't do it in 1.1. However, if you wait one turn after you hide to issue the target command, it can be done and that is what was new to me. If I were to test every permutation possible I'd never actually play the game smile.gif. Now then, your news is a most welcome explanation. Thanks, I must go unhide one FO.