COMBAT MISSIONS: CMMOS !!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to get one of the building mods out in the next day or so. Gordon and myself sort of agreed on a release schedule for this stuff, and unfortunately buildings were put at the lower end of the scale than AFV's were.

There's a lot of stuff to release, but i'm trying to get as much stuff out as i can, as soon as i can.

A screen of a scenario specific mod RuleSet I put together for the CMMOS interface:

inter_CMMOS-or.jpg

It includes:

The Utah Beach playset SSM and 'Victor South' beach landing scenario.

To be used w/ Magua's Normandy conversion, it offers the ability to revert to the original Normandy textures when you're bored w/ playing in the surf.

Utah_CMMOS-or.jpg

The Pointe du Hoc SSM and scenario (w/ cliff-scaling rangers). This also offers the 'revert' option to the original Normandy tiles.

duHoc_CMMOS-or.jpg

The Estates! SSM and four scenarios: Ausperg House, Haus Ettersberg, Le Manse Medonie, & Peng Downs.

estate_CMMOS-or.jpg

And the Skorzeny Sheep's Clothing SSM and scenario.

sheep_CMMOS-or.jpg

A wonderful tool indeed! In future versions, an 'About' button would be grand. So when an icon is highlighted and the 'About' button activated, a .txt file is accessed giving more info about the mod, be it functional or historic info.

Oh, Gordon, I'd also like to request a non"house" RuleSet number so I could distribute this without conflicts with future CMMOS mods. (I sent an e-mail, but I'm sure you're probably awash in them right about now.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Manx,

Try to get my German Uniform set uploaded as soon as you can--once you get it that is.

This will really show what CMMOS is capable of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it!

---------------------------

Speaking purely as a ModSlut, here's what i hope will happen:

CMMOS

1.) CMMOS is further enhanced (more "RuleSets") to include the option to switch individual bmps options on AFV's, terrain, anything!.

2.) Axis forces are added asap

3.) Gordon makes code available for any would-be Mac Programmer to port it over to Mac (buy a PC!). Once completed, both programs are developed and released in tandem, with co-operation between the PC/Mac guys (this is probably impossible smile.gif )

4.) CMMOS has become the "standard" package for installing CMBO mods and is also ready for the release of CMBB.

Everybody,

Sorry for my apparent reticence responding to some of these questions/issues. I've been bouncing around the various CMMOS-threads, Rumble II and real life.

Clubfoot,

You're smokin' man! Looking good. I've re-responded to your e-mail, don't know why you didn't get it the first time. You've been assigned RuleSet401.

Manx,

At least the first 3 of your 4 points are definitely my intention. Point 4 is so far beyond my original intention for CMMOS (really folks, it only started off as a replacement for the batch files) that I think we'll all need to take some time to think things through first.

Gordon

Marco Bergman

Member # 3558

posted 09-01-2001 04:34 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The program has full rulesets for all UK & US vehicles. As long as textures have the appropriate suffixes, the transformations will be made.

These are the supported suffixes:

_uk

_uk_bloc

_uk_camo

_uk_bloc_camo

_uk_panel

What does bloc & panel mean? Is this something we should know or just something you mod guys use and need?

_us

_us_bloc

_us_lv

_us_bloc_lv

_us_cav

_us_bloc_cav

_us_camo

_us_bloc_camo

These are the standard batch-file suffixes, and when added to any UK or US vehicle will be applied.

Sorry I forgot one. What does lv mean? You guys are great for putting up with us. I mean it! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveT:

Gordon,

I still can't get it to work.I'm on a PC, everything was downloaded to the default Dir.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, please help.

Dave<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

Did you e-mail me about a problem? If so, I responded (twice). Please send me a copy of the file "C:\Windows\temp\CMMOSLog.txt". Then I should be able to help you out.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

_us

_us_bloc

_us_lv

_us_bloc_lv

_us_cav

_us_bloc_cav

_us_camo

_us_bloc_camo

These are the standard batch-file suffixes, and when added to any UK or US vehicle will be applied.

Sorry I forgot one. What does lv mean? You guys are great for putting up with us. I mean it! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but we get so insular talking amongst the mod illuminatii that we sometimes forget that "mundanes" smile.gif don't speak our language.

_us - national identification stars on vehicles, u-shoe tracks

_us_bloc - same as "_us", but rubber-bloc tracks

_us_lv - "low visibility", aka "blacked out" stars, u-shoe tracks

_us_bloc_lv - same as "_us_lv", but rubber-bloc tracks

_us_cav - "Cavalry" (aerial recognition panels), u-shoe tracks

_us_bloc_cav - same as "_us_cav", but rubber-bloc tracks

_us_camo - camouflaged vehicles, u-shoe tracks

_us_bloc_camo - same as "_us_camo", but rubber-bloc tracks

_uk - British Army, u-shoe tracks

_uk_bloc - same as "_uk", but rubber-bloc tracks

_uk_camo - camouflaged vehicles, u-shoe tracks

_uk_bloc_camo - same as "_uk_camo", but rubber-bloc tracks

_uk_panel - aerial recognition panels

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

_us

_us_bloc

_us_lv

_us_bloc_lv

_us_cav

_us_bloc_cav

_us_camo

_us_bloc_camo

Sorry I forgot one. What does lv mean? You guys are great for putting up with us. I mean it! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The _bloc suffix is for the rubber bloc tread texture as opposed to the U-Shoe tread texture.

The _panel suffix is first used with Feldgrau's Universal Carrier. "panel" as in aerial recognition panel. It's the same as the _us_cav, if you wanna look at it that way.

The _lv suffix is the Low Viz option for the US textures. It features stars that have been "blacked out". This option has been in the batch files since the beginning, or nearly the beginning.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

1.) CMMOS is further enhanced (more "RuleSets") to include the option to switch individual bmps options on AFV's, terrain, anything!.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats certainly doable. I was thinking about writing rulesets for individual allied vehicles so i'll start typing them now. That will require a ton of new filelists so i'll start making ones for individual vehicles too.

Hi Manx,

Thanks so much for posting all the CMMOS stuff on your site!!!

Request: Could you make it very clear what mods are CMMOS compatible? Maybe a seperate section on the right side of your home page?

I am still trying to figure out if the "action packs" are compatible or not.

Thanks!!

This is just a question I'd appreciate an answer on if someone would be so kind. Will moddlers go back and make the older mods workable for CMMOS or not? I just had this sicking feeling that all the old ones won't work in CMMOS. I sure hope I'm wrong. What a waste of some really nice mods. I don't think we'd ever get all them remodded. Also I second the motion that TankDawg had. It could get confusing. Course if the answer to my question above is no then I guess there won't be much use for old mods. :eek:

TankDawg,

Personally, I now identify all my mods as hi or lo res ("_hr"/"_lr") and CM Mod Manager ("_CMM") or CM Mod Option Selector ("_CMMOS") in the name, so I hope this won't be an issue. I know Madmatt was kicking around the idea of trying to come up with a mod naming "standard", but I haven't heard much of it lately.

lcm1947,

All of the "existing batch file mods", except for Fernando's, which he is working on work with CMMOS. Other mods do not need to have CMMOS-enabled versions, unless the original mod author wants to make them. You can still use other mods with the CMMOS/batch file mods as before.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TankDawg:

Hi Manx,

Thanks so much for posting all the CMMOS stuff on your site!!!

Request: Could you make it very clear what mods are CMMOS compatible? Maybe a seperate section on the right side of your home page?

I am still trying to figure out if the "action packs" are compatible or not.

Thanks!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks...yes, i will make it clear which mods are CMMOS enabled. I'm still undecided whether to open a new section for CMMOS mods or just to highlight in some way those that are.

Yes, ALL existing batch file mods are compatible with CMMOS. After all, we have said time and time again, that CMMOS is just a replacement program FOR the batch files.

So just go back and select the options you want (the renaming thing to get back to the support suffixes as Marco said above) and install them into your BMP folder. And that's it.

CMMOS just swaps out optional textures for the "same" mod and unit. It just does it through a C++ Windows program rather than a DOS program. So in retrospect, delete all the old batch files and icons, EXCEPT for the time being Fernando's German stuff.

OK now that we have this great program. I need more new mods and rulesets to use with it.And hurry please it's starting to hurt.Nobody wants me to have any fun

And yes Max I know your German Uniform ruleset will be here soon.It's one I am really looking foward to.

Dave