COMBAT MISSIONS: CMMOS !!

CMMOS, by Gordon Molek

It's Alive!!

p.s - This is just the program executable and no mods are currently available on CMs. I thought it would be best to get it posted immediately so that you can be ready to start d/l'ing stuff for it as and when it appears either on CMs or other mod hosting sites. I hope to have 1 or 2 (of many!) CMMOS compatible mods posted shortly. Some of these will be NEW.

Many thanks to Gordon Molek for producing this, and to Madmatt for the file access.

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

OK, I've got it. Is there any point in installing it yet? Should I wipe my bmp folder and start fresh once the new versions of the mods come out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no. You don't have to do that. It works will all previous "batch file enabled mods". The only "new" old mods that we have are new versions of the Winter Allied Vehicles. We have added suffixes for swapping Whitewashed and Snowy versions along with several sub-options like with or without stars.

But no, all of the suffixed mods you have now are still good. The reason why we did this program is because we ran into a problem when trying to code in the Camo Priests in the batch files.

OK, I've got it. Is there any point in installing it yet? Should I wipe my bmp folder and start fresh once the new versions of the mods come out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No don't wipe out your BMP folder, just put the new mods in the bmp folder as they come out. If your using any of Marcos batch files most of them are compatible

SS Peiper

I'm a little confused -- i was under the impression that CMMOS required the mod to have it's own "rules" for it to be displayed in the program and for it to be able to switch between bmp sets. So this isn't the case?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

I'm a little confused -- i was under the impression that CMMOS required the mod to have it's own "rules" for it to be displayed in the program and for it to be able to switch between bmp sets. So this isn't the case?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manx yes you are right but CMMOS comes with the ruleset for Marco's old batch files.

Manx did Franko ever send you the new scenario pack RENDEVOUS WITH DESTINY!!

SS Peiper

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: SS Peiper ]

Ok, here's a little clarification.

Existing "batch file" mods mostly work with CMMOS. I say "mostly" because there were some inconsistencies in file names in some of the earlier mods. There is a "patch" mod that fixes all of these glitches which comes in both a hi-res and lo-res version (CMMOS_Patches_hr.zip/CMMOS_Patches_lr.zip).

Once you've installed one or the other of these patches, then all the existing batch file mods will work without any glitches.

The list of mods "patched" and the files included are (from the documentation of the patch mods):

Marco Bergman's M4 mod (Bergman_All_US_FF_M4_HR.zip): 3221_us.bmp, 3224_us.bmp, and 3227_us.bmp.

Marco Bergman's Firefly mod (firefly_highres_all3.zip): 3293_uk.bmp, 3295_uk.bmp 3298_uk.bmp, 3334_uk.bmp, 3891_uk.bmp, 3893_uk.bmp, 3895_uk.bmp, and 3896_uk.bmp.

TheDesertFox's Ram Kangaroo mod (ram_kangaroo2.zip): 3542_uk.bmp, 3543_uk.bmp, 3544_uk.bmp, 3547_uk.bmp, and 3548_uk.bmp.

Marco Bergman's Stuart mod (Bergman_Stuart_M8_hr.zip): 3563_uk.bmp, 3564_uk.bmp, 3567_uk.bmp, 3568_uk.bmp, 4431_us.bmp, 4432_us.bmp, and 4433_us.bmp.

M. Shane "feldgrau" Peterson's M3A1 'White' scout car mod (m3a1_batch.zip): 3625_uk.bmp, and 3625_us.bmp.

Marco Bergman's Rubber bloc tracks (included in various mods): 4023_uk.bmp, 4023_uk_bloc.bmp, 4023_us.bmp, and 4023_us_bloc.bmp.

Marco Bergman's Sherman III/V mod (sherman3_highres.zip): 4553_uk.bmp, 4554_uk.bmp, 4555_uk.bmp, 4557_uk.bmp, and 4558_uk.bmp.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Gordon

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Are these patches included in the CMMOS program download? When I installed the batch file mods I usually deleted the options I didn't want so as to not waste space. Does the CMMOS patch mod include all these optional files, or would I need to reinstall the old batch file mods? I don't mean to sound dense, but I figure others might have these questions too.

Are these patches included in the CMMOS program download? When I installed the batch file mods I usually deleted the options I didn't want so as to not waste space. Does the CMMOS patch mod include all these optional files, or would I need to reinstall the old batch file mods? I don't mean to sound dense, but I figure others might have these questions too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the process of adding the two patches. They will be on the CMMOS page shortly. You will need to d/l them in ADDITION to the CMMOS program. It's best to keep them separate from the main exec.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Yes but as Gordon said "There is a "patch" mod that fixes all of these glitches which comes in both a hi-res and lo-res version (CMMOS_Patches_hr.zip/CMMOS_Patches_lr.zip).

Once you've installed one or the other of these patches, then all the existing batch file mods will work without any glitches."

When you d/l the file CMMOS_Patches_Hr.zip then you can delete the old batch files.

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you've mangled smile.gif the batch file mods' installations, you'll need to re-install them to restore your full set of choices.

Since that sort of scenario hadn't occured to me, I'm not 100% sure how CMMOS will handle it. HOWEVER, be assured that just like the original batch files, CMMOS will NEVER delete any of the BMPs. It simply copies the selected optional BMP (e.g. "3008_us.bmp") over the run-time BMP (e.g. "3008.bmp").

Once you are satisfied that CMMOS is working properly, you are free to remove all the old batch files, shortcuts and icons. HOWEVER, don't delete Fernando's shortcuts, etc., until he finishes the CMMOS RuleSet(s) to cover his mods.

Gordon

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Are these patches included in the CMMOS program download? When I installed the batch file mods I usually deleted the options I didn't want so as to not waste space. Does the CMMOS patch mod include all these optional files, or would I need to reinstall the old batch file mods? I don't mean to sound dense, but I figure others might have these questions too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I deleted some of the options from the original batch files when I d/l them but because CMMOS is so easy to use I went back and installed all the options it a great program.

SS Peiper

So I guess I need to reinstall all the batch file mods so that I have all the optional files in the bmp folder. I guess it doesn't matter in which order I install the files since CMMOS is only going to need the bmp files and not the batch files. Is this correct? It's a good thing I saved all the zip files.

Okay, the two patches are ready to d/l. I have included a link to the relevant readme files for each patch so you can see what they do before downloading.

BTW - You may need to force a refresh of your browser if you have recently visited that page.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

So I guess I need to reinstall all the batch file mods so that I have all the optional files in the bmp folder. I guess it doesn't matter in which order I install the files since CMMOS is only going to need the bmp files and not the batch files. Is this correct? It's a good thing I saved all the zip files.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, 100% correct.

Gordon