Rune Pak #3

Guest rune

Rodentia of all types...

Rune Pak #3 has been released. Manx has it, and hopefully will have it up shortly. Please feel free to email me if you are in dire need of the scenarios in a hurry. Work begins on Rune Pak #4.

Remember, when you think Evil, think Rune © 2000 Foobar

Rune

Making evil scenarios since Oct. 2000

Already downloaded the pack and I wish to thank rune for his dedication and Manx for putting the scenarios up on his side. As this is named the third pack can anyone point me where I can download the other packs?

Also, as wish to preserve those scenarios for double-blind PBEMing, I would like to know which of them are the most equal balanced or which could be classified as attack-defend engagements.

Perhaps you can publish this additional information on your site as Im quite sure that many ladder gamers would like to play historical ( at least in terms of equipment ) and balanced scenarios.

------------------

Veni, Vedi, Schuggi

Guest SS Peiper

Rune I just played your Wittmann's last ride cool little scenario, alot of fun. Keep up the great work.

SS Peiper

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 01-27-2001).]

Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Rune I just played your Wittmann's last ride cool little scenario, alot of fun. Keep up the great work.

I played this last night TCPIP as the Germans against one of the stronger players(50/1 record), and it is a lot of fun for anyone who enjoys tank battles. I think that the latest version (that in the #3 pak) is slightly biased in favor of the Allies, but I may be biased since I lost...

Against the AI, the Germans probably have an equal chance to win.

Henri

All,

Wittman's is historical. If it isn't fair...well...cause it wasn't fair. Actually, I have won it as the Germans against a player, but you better be careful. Task Force Baum is another historical one, and on that one i even state to ignore the points and you win by how many vehicles leave the battlefield.

Manx, up to you, might just be easier to keep them together and just have it as one download.

Rune

I am dowloading right now. Thanks Rune and Manx. You two are awesome!! Which pack contains the "Whitmann rides with the Devil while knocking back a cold one"?

Thanx Manx

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Another "thumbs up" here for rune's work! I've had a blast the past couple months playing his 2-player scenarios via double-blind pbem.

I agree with the other poster who said some sort of info or readme on what was historical, designed for 2 players, or both, would be nice. Of course you always promptly provide this to me when I ask rune but it is probably something everyone could use. Sounds like a good project for your lackey Mace. smile.gif

keep up the great work.

Mike

[This message has been edited by MikeE (edited 01-27-2001).]

Well Schugger, because I only have this info for a very small sampling. I usually ask rune to suggest a 2 player scenario; so far he has fed me Monty Advances, a River Runs through It, Tin Tanks, and a couple others whose names slip my mind. All these are strictly 2 player and non-historical AFAIK. Well River is definetly NOT historic. smile.gif But still fun.

I have no idea of all the others which are historic and may also make good balanced games for example; this would be good to know. I figure if I keep bugging rune every time I start a new pbem he will break down and do some cool descriptions. smile.gif

Mike

Schugger, Monty advances is real fun 2 player. River runs through it is too but a bit more fast and bloody and less manuever.

very unlikely spoiler below for rune's stuff...

Main thing with rune's scenarios is try not to play it or look at even the setup before you play it "for real". Typically there are lots of surprises along the way...

I cannot comment on Tin Tanks since right now my brother is blowing up not only my panzers but also all my buildings. I keep thinking there is no way rune could short the German like this, so I play on....

Mike

edited to add a bit more spoiler space in there just in case.

[This message has been edited by MikeE (edited 01-27-2001).]

Played a couple of these and they are great

fun, like Rune's work always. River thingy and Tin Tanks were blast as tcp/ip - fast and furious, but I am really surprised that Wittma's Last Hour is supposed to favor allies; having played it online as axis, I thought allies where in disadvantage. (Then again, I always suspect evil things to happen when playing rune's work, so I was mentally prepared smile.gif

Topi - who would not mind more defend/attack scenarios, tho. "Just another town" was very much fun.

Attack scenarios include Brits in Bocage, Task Force Baum, and others. I didn't leave out attack scenarios, and have just made a german attack one based on a beta scenario. It will be included in Rune Pak 4.

Rune