I'm impressed!

In a battle fought last night against the AI, I had some elite SS troops, one of which was a 240mm arty spotter. This spotter had only 8 rounds of ammo. Now here's the story: After finding a really juicy target, I let the rounds fall. In just 20 secs. the spotter dropped 6 rounds on target, silencing all enemy activity. But the last two rounds just didn't fall. I waited and waited a whole minute, but appearently the spotter decided it was no use dropping the last two rounds!

Any thought on this? Can the tac-AI cancel an ordered arty barrage, or is the 240mm just a slow reload? Anyway, I was very happy to save the rest of my precious ammo.

Jens

240mm is not a rocket, but very heavy artillery. The blast factor is something like 600+.

Heibis,

Did you target a house or building? If the structure is destroyed during the barrage the A.I. will consider it mission accomplished, therby cancelling the strike.

Also, the 240mm (as does all big arty) has a very slow reload.

I have hear rumors of the game having a 4 tube artillery engine. But that shouldn't have stopped the last two rounds from being fired... unless you targeted a specific unit and not 'area fire'. Then I don't think it'll fire if you've lost contact with the designated unit between turns.