Just noticed something

I was just surfing the different CMBO sites and looking at some Sherman mods when I notice that none of the Sherman's had bow machine guns. Checked some Stuart's and samething. I realize that it does not affect the game play of the Sherman but with all the mod's out there I surpised that someone didn't add the gun to them.

Eric

lcm, he's talking about adding the appearance of a MG to the hull-front graphic file, not adding the actual effect of the bow MG. This is IIRC already in there. Shermans are given several MGs; I believe the .50 (for the TC) and 2 .30s (bow and coax) are modelled.

Not being capable of modding graphics (I don't have time or skills needed) I would GUESS that nobody's found a way yet to make a good looking bow MG. Remember that the graphic of the Sherman's hull front is actually a FLAT thing, no actual 3D (check it out sometime) and making a bow MG that didn't look flat too is probably hard.

DjB

Some of the mods do have bow MGs, but since there is no 3D model you can't really see the gun itself. I think the RAM Kangaroo does show the MG on the little turret. The preview pics of CM2 show that bow MGs will be modeled, so you will be able to see them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Some of the mods do have bow MGs, but since there is no 3D model you can't really see the gun itself. I think the RAM Kangaroo does show the MG on the little turret. The preview pics of CM2 show that bow MGs will be modeled, so you will be able to see them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madmatt has several previews up at

CMHQ. The bow MGs are for sure going to 3D in CMBB.