Alt-F4 Why does it leave Combat Mission Still Running Yet Exit

I thought i'd wait till I had the full version before testing this as it exhibits the same behaviour with the Demo.

Basically if I do alt-F4 it exits immediately from Combat Mission however if you do a Ctrl-Alt-del I can see in my list of tasks that Combat Mission is still running (indeed it still holds onto the sound port on my m/c)

Minor buglet or feature but still weird.

Miles

CM is programmed on the Mac (hence the "Alt-Q" method of exiting). It's possible that Charles didn't program the game for full Windows keystoke compatibility, which includes the Alt-F4 for exiting a program. It's possible that part of the code closes down with Alt-F4, but some processes may be left open.

Guest AbnAirCav

Originally posted by Miles.Osborne:

Hmmm difficult one. Can't think for the life of me why I woudn't use the Windows standard for exiting a program wink.gif

Heh, heh, I like this guy ... a chuckle during my lunchtime reading is always a good thing. thumbsup.gif

Not sure if I should bite - but I will wink.gif

Alt-F4 doesn't do an alt-tab it actually does exit from Combat Mission but leaves the program running. You can't then get back into it via alt tab or whichever way you decide.

As has been indicated its no big deal - just strange.

Miles

[This message has been edited by Miles.Osborne (edited 02-01-2001).]