How do mortar HTs work?

All,

i was using a mortar HT for the first time today when I played the Americans.

My question is... Do Mortar HTs need to point thier rear ends at the target they are firing on?

I ask because the HT in question kept swinging anround and facing it's rear when I would tell it to rotate to face forward.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've used mortar HTs before and they worked the same as SPs. I don't recall them changing facing before they fired. I know that when you highlight them and punch tab the camera faces to the rear of the HT.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Your'e lucky it lived long enough to go through the exercise.

Any attempt I've made to use Mortar H/Ts results in them being made very dead very quick, as they are extremely vulnerable in terms of armour thickness.

------------------

Torture you? That...That's a good idea.

I do believe that the facing does matter to the vehicle in question. The mortar tubes do not have the capacity to rotate inside the vehicle so the vehicle facing is a must. From what I have seen, they are big targets that pack a lot of punch which puts them high on the hit list. Any time I use these guys I keep them back until I know that I can move them forward safely.

I do believe that the facing does matter to the vehicle in question. The mortar tubes do not have the capacity to rotate inside the vehicle so the vehicle facing is a must. From what I have seen, they are big targets that pack a lot of punch which puts them high on the hit list. Any time I use these guys I keep them back until I know that I can move them forward safely.

I was using the US Halftrack variant so if what you say is true about the rear facing mortar then I guess it is okay.

As for keeping them alive.. Well... Just keep them out of LOS of any bug gun.

They are a support vehicle and should be brought up when you have identified and enemy location and relatively secured the area.

Of coarse nothing is perfect... wink.gif

Jeff

I was using the US Halftrack variant so if what you say is true about the rear facing mortar then I guess it is okay.

As for keeping them alive.. Well... Just keep them out of LOS of any bug gun.

They are a support vehicle and should be brought up when you have identified and enemy location and relatively secured the area.

Of coarse nothing is perfect... wink.gif

Jeff