Tweaked Uniforms and Victory location flags!

Hi wink.gif

Thanks to Bill Carey's advice I tweaked all the Victory location flags to one design -see pic below...and believe me it adds to the FOW! You don't know who owns the flag, you just have to make sure you really have enough forces near it! I even scrubbed out the Morale and Victory names on the console area, but can't scrub out the % figures since they're overlayed by the game system frown.gif

If I could though,(readng this BTS? How about a extreme FOW option? tongue.gif) the FOW would be even more enhanced! biggrin.gif

ALso I've tweaked the unifroms for a darker and dirtier look ala Saving private Ryan wink.gif For those that think the uniforms are too clean and dapper, I'll have these tweaked textures up on my website as soon as I finish the German ones.

All these screen snaps are done with my Tweaked Textures smile.gif So the Tweaked Uniforms may not look good with the original Beta Demo textures - as always your mileage may vary wink.gif Check the shots out.

Click the link for the full size image

CM_USinf_TN.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/CM_USinf.jpg

CM_FOWFlags_TN.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/CM_FOWFlags.jpg

----------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-11-2000).]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Capt_Manieri

Hey dude, good pics. But how exactly did you do that? Could you tell me how? You are doing this all on the Beta Demo?

Yes its from the Beta demo, but with my Tweked Texture set - you can get the basic Texture Set from my website...not the uniforms, they still need some ironing out.

Do what?! Grabbing a screen or tweaking the textures?

To grab a screen press the Print SCreen button on you PC keyboard, loa dup a paint program and right clikc paste as new image - save it.

To Tweak GFX - load up a paint program and load up the textures from the CM bmp directory. no artistic talent needed, but it helps tongue.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Guest R Cunningham

Hey, this "tweaking" stuff is cool. Much easier than messing with CC graphics. Check out my new textures:

werbung2.jpg

Objective flags are a good idea. I think it would be cool to have the VL name on each flag kind of like CC has near the VL. Then when you've secured it it could show "secured" under the name.

Capt.

You can "port" the set to the mac quite easily with a copy of Res-Edit (Free from apple). Open the Graphics file and copy the bmp images to the corresponding images in Res Edit. WARNING: Copy your files first or be prepared to download them again. Res edit can screw up your files if you aren't careful.

- Bill

Have any Mac users actually gone through and replaced the default graphic with CCJ's? I don't have the time and was wondering if anybody has so they could just send me the edited file.

------------------

Visit my Combat Mission for Mac page! Soon to have some exclusive screenshots courtesy of Madmatt!

cm4mac.tripod.com

Mr Cunningham wink.gif WHy don't you show the left side of the stug tongue.gif

DOH! The Texture is reversed mirrored frown.gif

WHat does that say on the Tiger?

Yeah someone sent me some Das Reich badged AFVs a while back - can't remeber his name frown.gif

If your readng this please reply wink.gif

Not long now, till I finish the Tweaked Uniforms wink.gif

The flags aren't part of the Tweaked Texture sset yet, I'll make them available as a separate download along with my uniforms - give me a few days.

If anyone has fully converted a Mac set of my Tweaked Textures and it looks ok, give me a buzz, and I'll make them available on my website smile.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-09-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Have any Mac users actually gone through and replaced the default graphic with CCJ's? I don't have the time and was wondering if anybody has so they could just send me the edited file.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm converting CoolColJ's Textures to Mac now. I might even be done tonight. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send it to you when I'm done.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I downloaded res edit for my mac....where do go from here! Help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be very, very careful with ResEdit. You can do some servere damage with that little tool.

Download CoolColJ's textures. Open them in something that will read BMPs (I suggest GraphicConverter). Open the Graphics file from CM in ResEdit. Double click the "Pict" icon. The numbers in the list are the same as the file names in CoolColJ's collection. So, double click the number of the file your changing (in ResEdit), copy the BMP, paste into the window open in ResEdit, close the window. Repeat for all the BMPs (well, not all... he didn't change everything). Good luck... and keep ResEdit away from your System... unless you enjoy doing full system reinstalls.

------------------

Dan Brown dbrown@owc.net

I didn't change the trees - save you some work, but everything else is changed wink.gif

Not necessarily any pixels - but definitely the colours have been changed

ACtually I should leave the trees out of the archive....

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-09-2000).]

Regarding the infantry graphics, CoolColJ, I was one of those who didn't care too much for those in the beta demo (both US & German). What you've posted is EXACTLY the direction I was thinking. You've done a much better rendering of the uniform contrasts. smile.gif

Regarding the regular German uniforms, I am curious as to whether or not CM might consider instead using field gray or "green gray". The dark gray shown in the demo for the German regulars might have been applied to some degree, but I'm not of the impression that this was a standard uniform color like the field gray was.

Ed

Guest Capt_Manieri

Personally, I don't get all this computer jargon. I think CM should come with a tool that allows you to change things.

Aah - the american dream lives on...

Capt, it is really easy to learn to use Res Edit to change graphics and (imho) quite useful. Open up a copy of the CM graphics file in Res Edit and just play around. (Mandatory disclaimer: never open your system folder in res edit. never. ) smile.gif Pretty soon you'll get the hang of it. Also from a programming standpoint it would be *really* time comsuming to put an image editor into CM for a very marginal (read nonexistant) return. I would rather have Steve and Charles work on the CM parts of CM and leave the graphics to Photoshop. Right now I am playing with a program to "shuttle" the image files back and forth between the Mac and PC, but I'm not the best programmer in the world... frown.gif Anyone good with C and the Macintosh Toolbox?

If you want the hack, you have to be willing to get your hands a little dirty wink.gif

- Bill

Guest Capt_Manieri

I tried it, and changed the uniforms on a paintbrush application. All that haapened in the game were that the soldiers had white torsos. ???!!!

Guest R Cunningham

Re: the "too clean" look of the uniforms...

When you look at the uniform textures it appears that these images were made from photpgraphs in a museum and that is why they look so clean.

About the German shade of grey, it might appear a little dark and too greyish, but that could be lighting, the exposure or even that the model uniform they used was wrong. It could have been a reproduction or something.

But check out my latest mod!

mod2.jpg

The Tiger has the World Famous Nahverteidigungswaffe! Man, I am just such an awesome mod maker! rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by R Cunningham (edited 01-10-2000).]