New Skys for CM!

Hehe

I just tried out some new skys - Looks more realistic than my last effort - although it looks too bright.

But it really does convey the Europeness of CM.

Hop to my site and check them out -

Let me know your opinion of them.

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Say CCJ have you made any further decisions on releasing the textures you've created ? (Pardon me if I missed your final decision on this) I still think that they are very worthy options for what will be released with the final version of CM.

Great job on the sky/background texture. Nice cirrus clouds. Actually being too bright does give it that "noontime" look.

Guest Captain Foobar

Forget the sky, I love those hills in the background. I dont like seeing a painfully obvious edge to the map.

Good form, old boy.

The tetxures will come out in a revamped package, after I see what is in the gold demo smile.gif

I'm glad you like the hills, they're emeant to be distant hills, blurred from atmospheric mist/dust/particles etc.

just wait till you see my sunrise skys wink.gif

ccj

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Looks great! Is there anyway to turn down the contrast on them? That is the only problem. If you've got a Photo processing program, load the bitmap in it and tweak the brightness or contrast settings.

If you don't, send'em to me and I'll see what I can do with my program. smile.gif

OK, I just loaded "Sky3.jpg" in my program and just dropped the brightness level a couple of clicks and it looks better. Of course, this lowered the brightness of the rest of the picture.

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-04-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Just a suggestion, CCJ, but can you do another one of your Jadgpanther Wallpapers with that new sky?

------------------

Yeah its on the list of things to do smile.gif

I'll go one better and do most of the scene

in Lightwave, and maybe add some 3d grass and trees. I've totally redone the texture for the Jagdpanther too.

AHhh to many things to do, so little time smile.gif

ccj

I've uploaded 3 new pics to my site - same thumbnails as the last batch of sky pics, but different and improved texture pics smile.gif

A bit more contrast etc, I thinne dthe cloud density down a bit, I think it looks better in the previous batch of pics, do you people agree?

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 05-05-2000).]

Dear CoolColJ!

Please do not get me wrong, your mod takes away my breath every time I visit your picture page, but I have to make a remark on your sky texture: It is wrong from a perspective point of view, i.e. you can see the bottom surface of clouds at the horizon at an angle which is too steep! You have to take into account that these clouds are 40, 50 kms away and therefore should be seen from the side (very flat angle), or obscured totally by the mist. As they are now they are shown both at a wrong angle plus with too much contrast!

The hills in the background are great, though!

Regards, Thomm

I agree with on some points Thomm smile.gif And I see where you are coming from. But you also have to remeber the sky is supposed to be 3d, so some clouds are only 2km away, whereas the smaller ones are meant to be further off. But you are right in most respects.

I'll get it right sooner or later v3.0 coming soon biggrin.gif

ccj

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

What Thomm? Are you drinking too much of that exotic beer? CCJ's clouds look just fine. Or would you rather go back to the drawn-in little things that he had at first?

------------------

Dear Ol' Blood & Guts!

It worked like this:

1) CoolColJ asked for opinions.

2) I voiced mine.

3) He responded, proofing that I got my point across.

4) Case closed.

So now I try to benefit from your post, but I just cannot figure out, how.

CCJ-

where were you when you took those European photographs on your site?

beautiful countryside, don't you think?

wink.gif

I have to say that the sky is the single biggest improvement that you have made.... could you PLEASE make it open for us to download?

that looks amazing

-EridanMan