Can someone explain to me how Tournament House works

SF, what are you talking about? Isn't that uncalled for? I don't see where he said anything upsetting, here or in other posts.

Master Bates, I have not yet taken the time to figure it out, but I am assuming there must be a link somewhere which explains the procedure. If I find it later, I will let you know.

-Scorp

I wondered that myself MB. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the site was originally geared towards players of Close Combat, where PBEM is NOT an option.

Therefore players would have to be logged on at the same time to see and challenge each other. Just a guess. I think I'll send an Email and ask them.

[This message has been edited by Richlop (edited 08-29-2000).]

Ok! Got an email from Rob at Tourn House, and this is what he wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>On the main CM page there is a User List link above the (Total games Total user)in the center.It shows all members and also has an editing area for player game info and if they are available to play. Click on a name to send an opponent an email and start a game. We just opened it so not allot of members in yet, but soon will I hope smile.gif

Here is the link incase you still have trouble.

http://tournamenthouse.com/CM/playerlist.shtml

If you have any questions please email me,

Happy Hunting!

Rob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked and, sure enough, it's there.

[This message has been edited by Richlop (edited 08-29-2000).]

MB,

I signed up for it today too...Click on the "Find Opponents Here" banner at the top of the main page. From there you can email all the other members. Also there is a rules section and a section that explains the rankings. It looks pretty good.

Out here...

Jager 7

Guest Shatter50

Originally posted by Master Bates:

What the H-e-double hockey sticks kinda of name is Master Bates. Do you have another name?? Maybe Rosie

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SF:

Why worry about it, since you'll be playing by yourself anyways..........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a classic remark, this guy needs a beatin' with such a name. eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 08-30-2000).]

I'm presuming that the person in question is a fan of the old (circa 1960s?) British children's programme 'Captain Pugwash'.

Master Bates was one of the characters aboard ship, the other (in)famous one was Seaman Staynes.

I guess a few adult jokes never go amiss..

NTM

Sorry about the confusion guys.

I posted a message in the activation email and also under the User List link. That should do it I hope. The User List link is key in finding and playing other members. Members start out unranked. After the first game is played both victorious and defeated will be ranked and their names will show up on the Standings, main Top 20 list, and all other links.

yobobo