Rumors of CC V

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I think one thing that needs to be elucidated here is that many make a GREAT distinction between CC 1 and 2 and CC3 and 4.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. It is almost like CC1 and CC2 were totally different games rather than part of a series. I have the entire series and it is fun especially against a human opponent. But the AI, in 3 and 4 really takes away from the game.

Allan

howardb:

Yes, I am the same Hundminen who spent many a late night (early morning?) at CC2 on the Zone 2 years ago, and I too recognize many names from this board. In fact, there are a few guys still playing CC2 on the Zone, who were there back then.

It is a little quiet there - usually only 30 to 35 guys most nights.

Sure would be nice if a few old timers would get back there, at least until CM is released wink.gif

The smallness and the flatness of the CC maps is damn claustrophobic (I didn't spell it right - I know! biggrin.gif)

I like the freedom of 3d - always a 3d man, always will be

I have cc3 - I played one game yesterday - dang so easy. I played the CC4 demo - puke, that game gives me headaches, the look just gives me headaches and eye-aches as well smile.gif

I actually have more fun playing my paper minatures style wargames(ie I draw all the map features squad leader style onto paper, and draw all the soldiers and tanks on the paper, rub them out, move, draw them in again!) than in CC series wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-23-2000).]

Hmmm, the CC series is RTS? I'd prefer to call it CTT ('continuous time tactical'). As for CC4, never mind the rocket SPWs how about the direct-fire, super accurate Sherman Calliopes? Or the tanks that can't cross bridges?? smile.gif Combat Mission will be the greatest but its still a game where you have god like observation and control...and why not, I say wink.gif

Just like with the two previous titles, atomic will take two steps foreward, and one huge step backward.

They might improve the AI, but they'll surely put somthing into the game that will annoy the $hit out of people. Like infantry that die like flies ... hmmm, wait, that's already been a "feature" of the past two titles. Well, maybe they'll let you control a battleship ? Hey, think of how c00l that would be. D00dz, that would rox! ... lol

MK

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kraut:

Like infantry that die like flies ... hmmm, wait, that's already been a "feature" of the past two titles.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the "feature"that allows enemy armor to see your hidden infantry from hundreds of meters away. This happened to me last night yet again. I have a bazooka team hidden (ambushing) in a stone building. From 125m away, a panther spots them and wipes them out. Go figure.

Allan