Winter Uniform Accuracy?

Hey all.

First, thanks for the new MDMP-2 MadMatt! I love the vehicles.

My question here is which of the German winter uniform mods is more historically accurate (if either of them is at all)? The few pics I have seen of winter uniforms have been Heer, and they were plain white coats. I really liked the last winter uniform mod, but I wasn't sure how accurate the SS and airborne unit's camo patterns were. The MDMP winter camo seems rather dull (not poorly done, just subdued). If they are the more accurate uniforms though, that is what I will continue to use.

Thanks for any insight.

Reaper

------------------

"We're in business, definitely!"

Mike, Saving Private Ryan

I have found the winter uniforms to be much more accurate.

Typically, the summer uniforms are much too light, hence in any kind of wind it becomes difficult to secure a hit at anything other than very close range.

The heavy wool of the winter uniform allows it to carry much further in heavy winds.

However, on a calm day, the summer uniforms certainly do have a greater range, although you cannot deny that the effect once a hit is actually made is lessened by their lack of mass and lower striking velocity.

Jeff Heidman

Another thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned is the difference in the efficiency between leather and wooden sabots. Sure, the wooden ones pack more punch, but they're much less comfortable. On the other hand, they're both fairly likely to break up when shot out of a tank gun.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Chuckle.

Ok, anyone care to actually answer the question? wink.gif Maybe if I reworded it to "authenticity" the class clowns would sit back down?

BTW, watch your back. I have you sighted in with a feld grau pair of trousers, and I'll give you both barrels if you're not careful.

Wise-asses! smile.gif

Reaper

------------------

Friend of mine said that too.

I don't hear it that way. I've watched it too many times to count. I'll listen again, but I still think its definitely. Defilade makes sense, but definitely is cooler!

(Edit: I do respectfully stand corrected. I realized "Hey my DVD has subtitles!" I just went and checked and you are correct sir. Crap, that ruined what I thought was a really cool line... frown.gif Now I gotta find a new sig.)

Now about those uniforms...

wink.gif

Reaper

------------------

[This message has been edited by Reaper (edited 09-05-2000).]