In the end I won and the AI surrendered. In AAR my surrendered

troops were still counted in for him.

(Is the AI he or she? confused.gif )

Why did this happen? The troops were still on map, and the enemy

around them had surrendered.

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 07-17-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Sounds like a bug to me...

But then again it has been noted that the AI does not exit its POWs as it should (IMO). So maybe its a fair trade-off.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeadams:

This is similar to my post earlier today in which one of my captured men stayed captured after I had entered the building where he was located. It seems to me he should rejoin my side at that point<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't find your post redface.gif

Anyway, the rescued unit usually does rejoin your forces.

Although unarmed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

I searched, but found nothing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel your pain. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

(Is the AI he or she? confused.gif )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see. Artificial: Not ocurring in nature; MANmade (see where this is going?)

The AI is a SHE! biggrin.gif

Note to all women: This post is not to be taken seriously! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Guest Scott Clinton

FWIW the releasing of POWs does work at least sometimes.

It worked fine for me Saturday night.

The only thing I think could have caused the problem with the men staying captured while in the same house with freindly troops would be if enemy troops were also very close by. Perhaps this is valid, perhaps it needs a tweak. I don't know because I have not encountered it personally.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I had 2 conscript squad with an HQ hidden in a building. When the enemy got near the squad that had LOS to them surrendered even though he was right next to a friendly squad and HQ unit and although fighting has been severe in the area this cluster of buildings hadn't been involved, I dont even think the amis had spotted them out yet.

Although disapointing I couldn't help but laugh, what was I to do with these guys biggrin.gif

The only thing I can think of (I recall having this happen to me before) is that you need to physically move some of your guys over to the prisoners to liberate them. (Maybe you did this?) It seems rational that even though one side collapses, if they have prisoners they're may hold onto them until someone takes them off their hands.

Los

The idea of conscripts surrendering before the Allies had even seen them doesn't seem that far fetched. There must have been many times in the latter part of war where the first sighting the Allies had of German troops was a white flag.