Scenarios/Opps, Worth Waitng for v1.03?

Just a question to those testing v1.03. Since 1.03 should be out in a few weeks and since most scenarios are the most fun when played for the first time, I'm just asking if it would be worth holding off on playing the scenarios until 1.03 comes out? I've played about half the scenarios but I've found a quick mission can be a hoot as well. If 1.03 is worth waiting for, I'd rather just stick to quick missions for now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Along the same lines, will the PBEm file format change for 1.0.3? I'm about to start up a PBEM game which will most likely take a month or more to play (we usually only get in 3 or 4 turns a week). If this PBEM game will be incompatable with 1.0.3, we'd want to hold off...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kverdon:

Just a question to those testing v1.03. Since 1.03 should be out in a few weeks and since most scenarios are the most fun when played for the first time, I'm just asking if it would be worth holding off on playing the scenarios until 1.03 comes out? I've played about half the scenarios but I've found a quick mission can be a hoot as well. If 1.03 is worth waiting for, I'd rather just stick to quick missions for now.

Thanks,

Kevin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I"ve been waiting to play any Scenarios/Opps, because i believe there is a few bugs that need to be squashed before i start a PBEM and I think there is a couple bugs that would either give a unfair advantage or hinder a player.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kestrl:

I"ve been waiting to play any Scenarios/Opps, because i believe there is a few bugs that need to be squashed before i start a PBEM and I think there is a couple bugs that would either give a unfair advantage or hinder a player.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just quick battles for me until 1.03 is released, its turning into a very very very very very long long long wait, crossing fingers and toes hoping this this week it will be released. Why should you start a PBEM if you won't be able to finish it after 1.03 is released.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kestrl:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just quick battles for me until 1.03 is released, its turning into a very very very very very long long long wait, crossing fingers and toes hoping this this week it will be released. Why should you start a PBEM if you won't be able to finish it after 1.03 is released.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Don't wait, play now...

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm....what are you saying here?

1)Don't wait,start that email game now because the patch isn't going to be out by the time you have finished anyway?.....or

2)Start that game because 1.03 WILL be compatible with existing games?.....

I'm betting on 1...

I'll play any battle I'll want to.

However, I'll postpone my ongoing defense of Carentan for just a couple of days in hopes of not having to advance again to keep my defensive line intact.

Milt: bet on 2. Different games probably won't be compatible, but there's no way somebody is not going to download that patch!

Is there?

Hi Folks,

I've been away from the internet and e-mail and this board for the past three weeks.

(But I have been faithful to the game, the CM CD and my laptop travelled with me EVERYWHERE).

What is the latest news on when the v1.03 patch is due?

If anyone would care to give me a brief synopsis of the highlites and the disscusions on this board from the past three weeks I would sure thank them and challenge them to a PBEM match. (Quick battle, I prefer armour and and the Allies and a metting engagement)

Thanks

I have Missed you ALL! smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I have Missed you ALL! smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But not Mr.Peng, shurely?

------------------

Andreas

I'm as anxious to see 1.03 as probably anyone, but I must say that BTS has done better in this department than any other publisher I have seen for some time. Remember, folks, the game was released less than 2 months ago!

IIRC, one of the testers said the changes to PBEM will make current 1.01 and 1.02 games unplayable in 1.03. Maybe try a search?

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)