Help! -- onboard artillery, low ammo

Yes, I did search smile.gif

So I have two questions.

First of all, a question to help my skeeeels: Any advice on using on board artillery. I do fine in LD as the allies, but generally my mortor crews are too far from the enemy (and out of LOS) or too close to the enemy and get shot forcing them to take cover (and not fire). I just won RB as the germans without fireing a shot from my 81mms. I would rather have had their help.

Second, a question on game mechanics. What signifigance does "LOW" ammo have? I've gotten the impression that troops in this state will only fire when they are under preasure to do so. Does this represent troops with a few rounds left in their guns and their commander saying: "Don't fire untill the whites of their eyes?" Do troops ever run out of ammo?

Thanks for your help!!

------------------

--Chris

[This message has been edited by Maastrictian (edited 05-03-2000).]

No advice on 1), since I'm not much good at directing mortar fire, but you're spot on with 2). Troops showing LOW ammo will only fire in the direst of straits. This simulates that soldiers usually keep one or two clips/magazine loads/pouches squirreled away for a rainy day.

DjB

Hmmmm... I never seem to have problems with the mortars in CE - in fact I sometimes have a tough time getting them to hold their fire if they're near the church. Are you having trouble because they're under fire? Or are they just not shooting?

------------------

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.