Question re: Fionn & Bil's new AAR

No, I wouldn't be stupied enough to post a spoiler for the Gold Demo. It might be on the released game CD but you'll have enough scenarios to play that it won't matter if 1 of them is known to you.

Hey Fionn,

The way you are putting the turns on the website is non-friendly to printers. What I mean is...when I print out the turns, it cuts half of the page off! The right half to be exact. This happened with the first few turns in the Alpha Battle AAR but by the mid teens turn you started posting them in a different way and they became printer-friendly. Any chance you could do this again?

Is it just me or is impossible to read those white on black text? To make it worse, when the 'ads' change, the page BLURS on its own!!! I thought it was my bleary eyesight failing but its something to do with the computer.

Lewis

Lanzfeld,

Honestly html and stuff like that is like black magic to me. Perhaps you could ask Matt about it?

If it's a trouble for Matt to do then my next suggestion would be to simply make my Word 97 version of the turns available for download and printing. What you would get if you download the Word file is exactly what I email to Matt for him to post.

Would that suit most people? Can Macs read Word 97 documents?

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Would that suit most people? Can Macs read Word 97 documents?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A really really great tip for handling text from word processors is to always save them as RTF (Rich Text Format, .rtf).

In their infinite wisdom MS has not made Word97 docs compatible with Word95. There can also be problems with Win to Mac docs (and vice versa).

With rtf you keep most formatting so it is nicer to read than txt files.

Hope that helps, Fionn.

For professional reasons I haven't been able to switch to StarOffice, which is free (!) and can handle any format from Office. Anyone here using it? I'd love to get rid of all the crap Office forcefeeds you with on my next puter. Is it as good as some ppl say?

K-B

Guest Madmatt

Hmm, tell you what, I will post links to the orginal WORD files. That should make it easier to print out. Expect this to happen in a few minutes... cool.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com