Gameranger Idea

Ok, since we might as well hold our breath on any REASONABLE way to find other people to play tcp/ip games, I have come up with an alternative.

I have changed my icon in Gameranger to the CM icon. I have already found people who contacted ME for tcp games simply from this change (I did it quite on the spur of the moment and didn't have any cool icons for GR).

My idea is that everyone who is looking for a game of CM should change their icon to the CM icon in GR. Then when you log on, you can instantly identify other CM players.

Instant games, no waiting for the web board or emails...just go and play.

Anyways, the current method of finding players STINKS.

Unfortunately, that really won't work. I am sure I am not alone in filtering out those people who don't have the games I want to play. Plus, I like my icon already.

Perhaps what would work well is if a few people who can get permission to run an IRC bot could set up a group there. That would work better then that ICQ active list, which as near as I can tell, does not exist for the Mac yet.

Anyways, the current method of finding players STINKS.

Yeah, it's SOOOO bad that no one has managed to find anyone yet!! How can we possibly manage? LOL!

I for one just jump on Madmatt's chat. I find someone inside of a minute or two.

Piece of cake.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I for one just jump on Madmatt's chat. I find someone inside of a minute or two.

Piece of cake.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except for when it isn't working... like now.

I can't believe that Combat Mission won't be on Ganeranger.

For Christ's sake - someone has managed to do something similar on the PC and he wasn't even paid for it!!

Gameranger gain thru extra traffic, and CM gets more exposure to Mac gamers.

For all the crap games which are on Gameranger and are never ever played - surely there is space for Combat Mission?!