Hmmmm... somehow our disk became full

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Sorry about the outage of service yesterday. As usual, when we take a day off something bad happens frown.gif

For some reason our disk became full. This happened a while back so we got a new harddisk that doubled our capacity. I'm still looking into this, but there should have been no reason in the world for it to have become filled up. There is something like 3GB of space that suddenly was chewed up in about a week, so the hunt for the answer begins!

Steve

I thought that you guys had cleaned the BBS in preparation for the release of the game. That seems like a pretty good idea, don't you think? Once the game is released, how helpful are 50,000 pre-release posts going to be?

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frenchy:

Whatever happened, it no longer recognized my old user name and email address. I had to re-register under a different name. I was formerly known as Gyrene251.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of curiosity, did you try to post while the board was having its problems? The last time we lost the board anyone who tried to post (as I learned the hard way) had their account corrupted and had to create new accounts. At least some of us did anyway. I don't know if this is true this time, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Y'all have a good evening.

Darren

(And for anyone living in the U.S., Happy Memorial Day. And to those who served(past, present, and future), thank you!)

Guest Big Time Software

I rebuilt the forum member database a little while ago. It should fix the few user IDs that were busted when the hard drive became full up.

Thanks,

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ARCHANGEL:

I now have a modicum of sympathy for drug addicts...a day without the site was a almost unbearable.... biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archangel,

So the information we exchanged meant nothig to you? sniff sniff

Now safety that Panzerfaust on your shoulder...

-Rook