I have some German marching songs, who want them???

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

I have several different marching songs, 5 German, 1 Italian and 1 American. Does anyone want these??? They are about 2megs each some smaller. 4 of them are mp3's.

I will only send them once, so someone post them on your site. I have dialup modem so it would really long for the songs to load up.

So someone with a site post them if I send them to you.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Hey Rommel22,

I know of a site that has a whole lot of military marching music from different countries. From the 1800's to the present. Their on CD and cassette. CD's are about $20 and the cassette's are about $10.

Let me know if you want it and I'll post the site. I'd do it know but I left the sites' PDF catalog at work.

I'm looking for a German marching song which starts out with the lines (spelling probably wrong):

Wenn die Soldaten

Durch dies Stadt marchieren

Offnen die Madchen

Fenster und die Turen

Chorus (???no idea of actual words; could be nonsense words):

Ein warum, ein darum

Ein warum, ein darum

Ein Bloss wenn die singtarassa boomtarassa sa.

------------------

Max Molinaro

Hey what about that briefing room music in Achtung Spitfire when you were playing the German side and selecting your pilots? That was neat-anyone know the name.

Also, a very good German style march is Ace High March from the film "Battle of Britain" (one of my favorites)

(Polish accent)"Repeat please"

"Follow me to heading 260 unless your blind as well as...oh no..."

Your quite welcome Wendell. smile.gif I also am looking for marches, ceremonial, and patriotic music for all the verious factions in CM. Does anyone else have any info on where to get a little atmosphere music that one can use while setting up their turns during a CM game? I have found the soundtrack to Saving Private Ryan a good choice to listen to as it's nationality independant. cool.gif

Guest aka PanzerLeader

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm looking for a German marching song which starts out with the lines (spelling probably wrong):

Wenn die Soldaten

Durch dies Stadt marchieren

Offnen die Madchen

Fenster und die Turen

Chorus (???no idea of actual words; could be nonsense words):

Ein warum, ein darum

Ein warum, ein darum

Ein Bloss wenn die singtarassa boomtarassa sa.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey I know that one Max! It was in the "World at War" series during the Barbarossa episode. So...If you really cannot find it anywhere, buy the video! wink.gif

BTW the Chorus' words might be "Heimat, heimat, heimat..."

A good game for music is "West Front." There are four German songs on the cd, including "Erika," which is what the German soldiers were singing as they marched through Warsaw in "Shindler's List." The original music for the game is pretty good too. Sounds inspired by "Patton." I'd love to import some of it into CM, just for fun.

-- Mike Zeares

Guest Rommel22

Madmatt will post the ssongs I sent him.

Not sure when, i guess when he updates the site.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."