Sticky mines - Private Ryan?

Has anybody else seen this scenario before.

Under a QB I had a sdkfz 251 doing suppression fire on an enemy squad when out of no where a 'single' enemy soldier came up on my left side, staying there for a few secounds, and then rush down the hill again. After another few secounds my pz goes BOOM!

What a detail! Private Ryan came to my mind!

This most certain stress the need of infantery support near panzer. I used 3000 point on a PzGrn Cmp supported by two Panthers and three Stug's among others. The AI invested in what seems like a hole infantery battalion supported only by a few tanks. The infantery came over my strongholds like a nightmare even after blasting every one of them damn Cromwells. This would seriously add to the favour of keeping the point system as it is and let every fool use all the point on elephants if they want to. They can't possible win if they play against a veteran player.

best regards

Malmvig

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malmvig:

Has anybody else seen this scenario before.

Under a QB I had a sdkfz 251 doing suppression fire on an enemy squad when out of no where a 'single' enemy soldier came up on my left side, staying there for a few secounds, and then rush down the hill again. After another few secounds my pz goes BOOM!

What a detail! Private Ryan came to my mind!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is it was a gammon bomb.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

You can close assault tanks WITHOUT gammon bombs. I saw a platoon commander squad charge a stationary Stug of mine, toss a grenade from 5 meters, and BOOM, no more Stug....