CM META-CAMPAIGN

Can someone tell me exactly how the cmmc works and how you play it? I looked at the info on the website and never did see how to play it exactly. Or maybe point me to someplace that tells exactly what you need to do? Do you have to have the full version? Is it only available on the web?

Thanks

When the full game is out, A hole bunch of us gamming freaks (Please, I know im a addict) are going to sit down and do a whole theater type campain, People taking diffrent roles,esc Sign up with fionn and pick a side. Its going to be a great game.

(ps fionn- How much time am i going to need to take off for playing this 6-7 months, tongue.gif)

[This message has been edited by TZEENCH (edited 05-20-2000).]

Actually, there's been a lot more done on CMMC than is apparent on the CMHQ-Annex pages. The campaign has been designed, OOBs for both sides have been established, the overall commanders for both sides have been selected, and I think even the first batch of player assignments have been made. In addition, a WHOLE LOT of rules have been written and we have a very good idea of how we're going to run the show.

At the moment, we are mostly awaiting the release of the game to finish up a some things. All the maps have to be made plus we're going to build some CRTs for things that happen outside tactical battles based on blowing stuff up with the CM engine smile.gif. Then we're going to have at least 1 CPX to test the overall system before we fire up the CMMC for real. Also, all involved need to gain experience with the full version of CM and read all the CMMC rules we've been writing. So don't expect CMMC to start for at least 4-6 weeks after CM hits the doorstep.

As to how CMMC works, it's going to be the email blitz from Hell smile.gif. The basic unit players command at the bottom level will be a battalion. These battalions will fight PBEM battles. These battles will be created by the GMs based on the orders of the battalions, which will be generated by a whole chain of command up to at least corps level composed of other players. The idea is that players will command a battalion in 1 division and hold a staff position or high command postion in another division or corps of the same side. All these plans and orders will go via email.

CMMC will feature not only tactical PBEM combat but also the deep battle of arty and air. Plus supply, engineer efforts, managing replacements, creating ad hoc units from non-combat troops, etc.

Each "turn" of CMMC will be about 6 game hours, and all tactical battles within this period will be PBEM'd out at once. We are allowing about 2 weeks per "turn," so basically 1 real month will be required to play out the daylight hours of 1 game day. We expect CMMC to cover about 1 week of game time, so that means about 6 or 7 real months. Substitute players will be provided when you need some time off.

Anyway, that's pretty much the situation right now. If you're still interested, go sign up at CMHQ-Annex.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Titan, the FOW is a very important issue in the play of CMMC. Saying which side you pick could result in you being baned from the Campaign. People, wathever you will say, DON'T BREACH THE FOW.

There are some specific e-mail lists to manage all yours questions. Don't make it public, please.

Ariel

Oh Umm Ar Yea ,Ok hmmm what i meant was germany all the way it will be interesting to see how the krauts go ,and even as a feared commander myself i wouldnt be worried what side i went smile.gif

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

Don't forget to sign up for a staff position! The aspect of the CMMC I like most is the ability to do some of the behind the scenes stuff.

The jucier staff and command positions have been taken but I think that there are still good positions open. The side you want to join is my side. Which side is that? The side that is going to win!!

Like Bullethead mentioned, the game will eat up 6-7 months of time so it helps if you are a "gaming freak" like TZEENCH and me. How much time per day it will take I don't really know.

Just think, the now classic Alpha AAR was great marketing (it's how I got interested). An enormous online game should genereate huge interest in CM.

Jason