beta patch 23 bug ridden

Anyone else running into bugs/problems with the lastest patch? It may have fixed the tank bogging problem, but I've seen several bugs in just 2 days of having the patch. In one PBEM game my Sharpshooter started with no ammo, in another game my tank insisted on shooting smoke shells at infantry when I had direct fire targeted them the previous orders turn, and during a purchase I saw that a regular jeep costs more then a jeep with MG now???? Anyone else seeing bugs in the lastest patch? I think this one got rushed to fix the tank problems, but it produced more than it fixed. BTS please save us, we're all going to be snowed in soon and that means a lot of time for CM!!

General, I assume that you have used the bug form to inform BTS of these items? That is the purpose of the Public Beta release: to find possible errors. If you are so worried about being snowed in (move to Chicago - we have had 24 inches, but we are not snowed in! smile.gif) play the Version 1.05. Do not disparage BTS by accusing them of "rushing" a product - they are making the best product better for us. And doing a snappin' good job at it, too, I might add.

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

[This message has been edited by Crank_GS (edited 12-21-2000).]

I also saw the zero-ammo bug (if it is one, indeed). I played the Move-it or Lose It scenario last night to test the 1.1b23 patch, and the sharpshooter lodged inside the heavy building at the southern edge of the map started out with no ammo.

------------------

"The lesson, my young ignorant boys, is this: don't be a hero, on horseback, or otherwise. Always stay behind cover." SS Col. Heinz Von Krupp Thorvald (German top sniper in the seige of Stalingrad, after a massacre of charging Polish cavalry by Panthers--"Rattenkreig")

Guest Madmatt

The zero ammo sharpshooter and flamethrower teams bug is known and already been fixed by us. If you don't want to play with Beta code, then DON'T.

Your other two issues are not relevant as bugs.

Tanks WILL fire smoke if they perceeve that their HE is not having any immediate threat and the enemy is targeting an exposed friendly unit. If anything, smoke useage in b23 is about as minimal as I have ever seen it.

Jeeps have been that way for some time and a search will discover the reasoning behind that, I believe.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The zero ammo sharpshooter and flamethrower teams bug is known and already been fixed by us. If you don't want to play with Beta code, then DON'T.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just played a couple of scenarios on Beta 23 and all the Sharpshooters had '0' for ammo.

------------------

Great Quotes

Maximus: "And what's that Rob? The rest of the world doesn't care? I can assure you that when Boris Yeltsin stepped down in Russia last New Years, the world cared. Oh wait, you live in Canada. That's right, Canada only cares 'aboot' Canada. The whole world could be on the brink of destruction and as long as Canadian soil isn't involved, they could care less. Does the phrase, "Isolationist China" mean anything to ya?"

Rob/1: "Lets just say I dont like americans ok... if you have a prolbem with that Minumis is one of the resions."

jshandorf: "Suck"

jshandorf: "How about Stephen Hawkins! Yeah! I would kick his skinny, whellchair ass any day of the week! Bring it on roller boy!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Petrovsky:

Anyone else running into bugs/problems with the lastest patch? It may have fixed the tank bogging problem, but I've seen several bugs in just 2 days of having the patch. In one PBEM game my Sharpshooter started with no ammo, in another game my tank insisted on shooting smoke shells at infantry when I had direct fire targeted them the previous orders turn, and during a purchase I saw that a regular jeep costs more then a jeep with MG now???? Anyone else seeing bugs in the lastest patch? I think this one got rushed to fix the tank problems, but it produced more than it fixed. BTS please save us, we're all going to be snowed in soon and that means a lot of time for CM!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

Guest Madmatt

Did I say that YOU had the version that was fixed?

That's right I didn't, I just said it WAS fixed.

New b24 patch will be out shorttly and then everyone will have the most updated patch available.

Madmatt

I'm in the middle of a couple of PBEMs with the 23 patch where my sharpshooters have lost ammo,is there a way that I can load the game using the patch before this so I can get my ammo back? I made a copy of the .exe file before I got the 23 patch, but now when I try to run that file I get an error message about a missing file. Should I download the TCP/IP patch again and then try loading my current games with that? Any advice is appreciated, please help I have tanks in my sights and I can't shoot them!

Guest KwazyDog

Im not sure about that question, you will have to do some experimenting Petrovsk.

Guys, PLEASE remember this is a beta, and I certainally havnt stated playing any important games in it, so I suggest you dont. The beta is for you guys to have a bit of fun with and help us get the final out to you sooner.

Of course, it would have been easier for us to keep the betas internal and allow the beta team to do the testing, but Id guess you wouldnt be seeing a final until the end of January that way. Besides, I think people prefer it this way smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

One thing to understand with the forthcoming b24 patch. If you have a saved game where you have no ammo for you sharpshooters or flamethrowers, b24 WON'T magically give them their ammo back. You will have to restart your games with b24.

If you never saved a game in b23 then you should be ok but we still reccomend that you use the beta patches AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you have an important game that is for tourny play or just bragging rights then just play it with v1.05 to be safe.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-21-2000).]

Hey I've answered my own question! I deleted the beta 23 patch and then reinstalled (extracted) the 22 patch then I loaded my current PBEM games with the sharpshooter problem and BLAM they got they're ammmo back! So if anyone else is in this situation use the above fix and then we can wait for the 24 patch with full clips in our sniper rifles....keep your heads down Tank Commanders...

Maddmatt and BTS, please don't take me the wrong the way from my nitpicking, I use snipers alot and effectively, and I speak on everyone's behalf when I say we love you very much. Go BTS!