Meyer's Wrath

Did "PanzerMeyer" have a lot of "relationship" with Peiper and Wittmann? Just don't have time to finish "Steel Inferno". BTW, where did he get his "Panzer" reputation? IIRC, he was an "old" Nazis member.

Office now and will get this scenario after work.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

Excellent teaser I'm going to get it imediately. Anyone got a short bio on this Panzermeyer character?

Why is it that every time I hear someone being called meyer I'm thinking about Göring?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, here's an illuminating little anecdote on Kurt "Panzer" Meyer (not to be confused with Herman "You-Can-Call-Me-Meyer" Goering):

"For three years he fought in Russia, reaching almost the furthest point to be acheived by German forces, deep in the remote Caucasus. Three times he was completely encircled by Russian forces, during the retreat, and fought his way out with a handful of survivors... To him, the battle of Caen-Falaise was magnificent in the best Wagnerian tradition. As he described his actions and those of his men, it seemed as though he liked to consider himself as Siegfried leading his warriors to their deaths."

Interrogation of SS Major General Kurt Meyer, n.d, German Generals Collection. Liddell Hart Papers, King's College, London.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Downloading process seems to be working fine now. Sorry for all the confusion...WB

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regardless, I think most of the people here appreciate all the hard work that you and the others go in designing and producing these gems! (and if you think I'm sucking up here, you're absolutely right) smile.gif

Mace

btw, Brian Rock, not Bryan Rock! wink.gif

Actually Mace, I consider your verbal applause an encouragement, kinda like saying to a hound dog, "Sic' em!"

I haven't forgotten, Mace biggrin.gif

You're like me, something like that irritates the heck out of you. We'll fix that with the next page update coming Monday I hope.

Thanks a lot to you and all the others who keep us enthused about what we do...

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Thanks for the new scenario Bill. It was just the size I prefer.

I must say though, as the Germans I kicked the crap out of the Poles. Only had 8 KIA on my side. Destroyed 35 vehicles, lost 2.

I think I am starting to learn how to beat the AI handlily. frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

I think I am starting to learn how to beat the AI handlily. frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Famous last (CM) words...... biggrin.gif

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

Famous last (CM) words...... biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps.

But, and this is just being honest, not bragging...I have not lost a single quick battle in weeks. I'd guess 20 QB games.

It just seems that the AI is having major problems making concerted efforts in it's attacks. Im by no means a Grog, and I think that I am winning more because I am learning to predict the AI.

(possibly spoiler)

In this scenerio the AI couldn't figure out what to do with it's half tracks. So I pummeled them with arty and eventually had Tiger use them for target practice.

The AI never had a chance at getting the victory locations in this scenerio, despite the fact that I *completely* failed to place the AT gun and the MG bunker. Never saw them during setup, so I was actually handicapped from the start.

Anyway, Im just getting a bit disappointed in the AI's behavior. I want it to surprise me and whoop me good. smile.gif