BTS: 'Bout them German bases...

....please change their color!!!

The gray just gets lost in the map, particularly if you like to play at the realistic scale and you're fighting in the snow.

Haven't played the other countries that much, but the Americans have bright green and I think I've seen light blue and red colored bases.

So pick a color, any color, just something besides gray.

(Or let me pick the color myself.)

Heck, you can cycle through the bmps quickly with plain-old Windows 98. You need to have the view properties of Windows Explorer set a certain way (which escapes me at the moment) and you will get a thumbnail of the bmp.

Jason

That's kinda the point -- I thought the bases were generated by the engine and therefore weren't bitmaps you could edit yourself. This seems to be reinforced by the fact that the bases are different sizes for different objects.....

Anyone know for sure whether they are bitmaps?

I'm red-green colorblind, as is, I'm sure, about 10% of the male readership of this board. I have real trouble seeing Canadian bases (reddish-green sort of mauve color) on grassy layouts. I missed about half my force in Sherbrooke Fusiliers before I cycled through with the '+' key.

If anybody knows a way to tweak the base color (w/o having to edit every single unit bmp) please share it with the board.

Gracias.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Okay, I loaded up thumbnails for the entire BMP directory and it appears I was right -- the bases are generated at runtime. I.e., they aren't bitmaps.

So, BTS, please consider changing the German base color or allowing the user to set it. (The least expensive solution being to allow for RGB values in a config/ini file).

By the way, file 447.bmp is the word "Bogus" in yellow on a red background -- what's that for?