1.1b22 bug

I've noticed a minor bug that has appeared in both the beta 16 and beta 22 patches.

In TCP/IP play, if you select a target registration point as part of your force mix, and then place it on the map somewhere, a second TRP appears a turn or so later in the game in the spot where the original TRP first appeared during the setup phase. I've also noticed this occuring tonight in a game with a minefield. I purchased three minefields and a fourth one showed up in the original setup location right next to a TRP that appeared. They show up as if you never moved them during setup.

Guest Madmatt

Can you replicate this? If so then please send me a save game from turn one with the unpurchased but still appearing TRP or minefield.

I have been trying to test this but can not get it to happen.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Madmatt,

I've noticed a different sort of problem with newest version of the Public Beta in a QB vs. the AI.

I'm running a 233 MHz iMac with 64 MB RAM and 2 MB VRAM (ATI Rage Pro) under OS 8.6.

The battle was going great, a regular slugfest, but when I got to the Go button for Turn 13 of 30, the slider bar filled, followed immediately by a system crash and a type 12 error message. Every single time I reran the saved turn, the same thing happened. Rebooting didn't cure the problem either. It still crashes.

I still have the saved game file, but I have no idea how to send you that. This would be a snap were the game PBEM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John Kettler

Madmatt,

Two problems. One, how do I E-mail you the Save Game file for a QB vs AI? As I said earlier, I know how to do this for a PBEM, but not for a vs AI situation. Two, while I can unpack just about any file, my StuffIt is the freeware Expander version only and lacks the ability to compress files. There may be some capability which came with the iMAc, but I don't kniw what it might be. I'm reasonably certain, though, that I can't Zip anything, if you need that compression format.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Madmatt,

I've noticed a different sort of problem with newest version of the Public Beta in a QB vs. the AI.

I'm running a 233 MHz iMac with 64 MB RAM and 2 MB VRAM (ATI Rage Pro) under OS 8.6.

The battle was going great, a regular slugfest, but when I got to the Go button for Turn 13 of 30, the slider bar filled, followed immediately by a system crash and a type 12 error message. Every single time I reran the saved turn, the same thing happened. Rebooting didn't cure the problem either. It still crashes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same thing happened to me with the first public beta. Elsdorf, turn 12. The computer thinks about its turn, the "slider bar" takes a series of steps forward, then a slight step back and then the game crashes to the desktop. Ill email you the turn and the error report.

Cueball,

Forgive my cybernetic ineptitude, but I did get MacZipIt, as you suggested. I just got through dragging and dropping the saved game icon into the ZipIt icon in the MacZipIt folder, thinking that would compress the file.

Well, that generated a brief error 39 message, followed by the watch symbol (is there supposed to be hand movement?) and what appears to be a locked out icon, that is, one which doesn't return to normal appearance when clicked upon but stays as a light outline or a solid dark one.

Any ideas? I fear I may have shot off my other cyberfoot, you see. All I really want to do is get the problem turn to Madmatt so I can find out why my game crashes now when it didn't before under 1.05.

Thanks!

John Kettler

[This message has been edited by John Kettler (edited 12-18-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Cueball,

Forgive my cybernetic ineptitude, but I did get MacZipIt, as you suggested. I just got through dragging and dropping the saved game icon into the ZipIt icon in the MacZipIt folder, thinking that would compress the file.

Well, that generated a brief error 39 message, followed by the watch symbol (is there supposed to be hand movement?) and what appears to be a locked out icon, that is, one which doesn't return to normal appearance when clicked upon but stays as a light outline or a solid dark one.

Any ideas? I fear I may have shot off my other cyberfoot, you see. All I really want to do is get the problem turn to Madmatt so I can find out why my game crashes now when it didn't before under 1.05.

Thanks!

John Kettler

[This message has been edited by John Kettler (edited 12-18-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, I'm on a Mac, and have utilities that can Zip a file. If you send the file to me by email, with the text for Madmatt, I will Zip it and pass it on to him. This is a little kludgy, but I'm happy to help.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Madmatt,

Thanks for responding. What wasn't clear, though, from your answer was whether or not you got the game file I sent you, hence whether your general answer also was based on the specifics I sent you via Seanachai.

My hope of salvaging the original game may be in vain by now, butperhaps my problem will contribute to the overall debugging-the-Public Beta exercise.

Regards,

John Kettler