The powers of the TCP/IP patch...

Very well, then...

I have searched this forum under a number of keywords and remain uncertain about 2 pieces of information, particularly if circumstances have changed since the early part of this year:

1) Do I understand correctly that TCP/IP will permit 2 players to plot their moves simultaneously? If so, will they be able, then to watch the results simultaneously (given, of course, the contraints of FOW)?

2) Will spawning be enabled? Please? I have already prostelytized 4 people to the cause and just want to spawn one copy for my home LAN.

3) And, while I'm asking, what has become of the discussed option of combining game turns into one viewable "movie" of an entire game. One of my recent battles where artillery arrived JUST in time, would have made Peckinpah (sp?) proud.

Reply much appreciated,

Cyrano

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand

The long movie has been a cry that has gone heard but unanswered for almost a year now...

BTS says that the issue is that the current game engine doesn't handle long movies... my questions is, would it be possible to write a seperate application that would melt the movie files from pbem games into one big long movie...

I fine the long movie even more important that tcp/ip play personally... There's no better way to archive my games and my strategies, and to see what worked and what didn't...

*shrugs*

I dunno though... its BTS's call... I'll trust they'll do what they can.

-EridanMan

Since I realize it's hard to formulate a query that would get you the search results that would answer #3: I've seen BTS say that this is on "the list" and is one of the most requested things.

If you do a search for a thread titled "playback", you'll see where I was requesting a variation on the full-movie feature; namely, the ability to annotate these movies. I wanted to take this opportunity to mention that again....

Oh, and as for #1, there was an interesting thread where people were discussing the potential merits of having turn timers, etc. You may want to track that thread down....

It would be interesting to know whether BTS has done any design work for either of these, just to see how these would work....

I have to say watching the full game all at once IS WAY down on the list of priorities for me - TCP IP is the most important, Im hardly playing right now compared to waht I was because of the lack of TCP IP. Ive got other things keeping me busy but am looking forward to this so I can start playing htis game more seriously smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

I have to say watching the full game all at once IS WAY down on the list of priorities for me - TCP IP is the most important, Im hardly playing right now compared to waht I was because of the lack of TCP IP. Ive got other things keeping me busy but am looking forward to this so I can start playing htis game more seriously smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN! smile.gif

Movie will be nice, but TCP/IP is a must! biggrin.gif

There is NO feature that is more important to me than TCP/IP. To me PBEM loses the immersion of the game. It is difficult to get back "into" a game after not seeing it for a day or two. I tend to lose the flow of the game.

Nothing is more important to me than getting TCP/IP.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

There is NO feature that is more important to me than TCP/IP. To me PBEM loses the immersion of the game. It is difficult to get back "into" a game after not seeing it for a day or two. I tend to lose the flow of the game.

Nothing is more important to me than getting TCP/IP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completely. I want TCP/IP VERY badly. My housemate is waiting until it is implemented before he buys the game.

Sage

I'd love TCP/IP, But I also enjoy PBEM.

A lot of the people I'm playing now are time zone handicapped. So PBEM is almost a must. I just try to PBEM with people that keep up the same scedule as me, 1 or 2 turns a day. Add to that that I usually have 3-5 games going at once....it gets pretty hectic.

I like having several games going at once, because I really look forward to the e-mail.

But.. Playing a quick tcp/ip game in the morning would be really nice too.

starting to ramble now....

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring