Poll: What add features you wait for in CM2?

Rarg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the ability of vehicle crews and gun crews to rally and return to the vehicle or gun where they had run from...or maybe other units to use parts of them to fight...ie: perhaps if a unit comes to a tank that has been abandoned it could use the machine gun mounted to the top (if it had one). Also as a few other people have mentioned, i think there should be trenches in the second game. And what maybe include a few of the different options for German units...like maybe playing Romanian or Italian units...even though they were not as tough as German units..or at least they were treated a little more roughly by the Germans. If you're going to incorporate volkstrum...you might as well go all out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gregory Deych:

Ah, female snipers. From what I've read on the subject, which is admittedly fragmentary, points to their main contribution being in areas other then sniping. There were of course exceptions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

woeman contributed in many areas Greg, when I get time, I'll go into it in detail.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten through all of the responses in this thread so if I repeat a point made elsewhere, I apologize. My biggest wish for CM2 would be a beefed-up Quick Battle generator that supports:

-- bridges (large and small)

-- rivers

-- optimized landscapes (such as fortified zones or defenses, mountain passes, ruined cities a la Stalingrad, castles, and thick forests)

My wishlist for CM2:

- Trenches, Tankobstacles, Houses with more floors and churchtowers which can be manned by spotters, snipers. Trees which can be climbed by snipers and spotters. More objects in general (roads, houses, bunkers)

- Refined Terrainmodel where elevation is not fixed to 2.5 or 5 increments (?)

- Inclusion of russianfront (The biggest battles were fought there (around 7 Mio. soldiers were killed at the russian front, in comparison the US lost 300'000 in total...)

- Smarter Tank AI to simulate communication in between tanks of a unit (where available of course)

- Tungsten rounds for german crack-units (Expensive)

- Campaign mode with bigger maps, including reinforcment- and supplies- issues.

- Improved artillery design (hit harder, but shorter).

- Improved camouflage capabilities for stationary weapons

- Better simulation of the capabilities of the human senses, most important the eyes (I did a scenario of my neighbourhood and was astonished to see how big the scenario became, to include objects which i have no problem to spot.)

- Replayfeature for whole battle (All Actionphases linked together).

- Generally bigger maps, and more realistic scenarios (Today most are much too small).

- Manual including description of real units compositions (-> Good example Western Front)

- More comfortable scenario-editor, Undo feature, copy paste

- Incorporating PBEM for scenarios (Buy units, but prevent editing of other side).

- Preview of map in PBEM prior to unit purchase (option).

- Saveable camera positions

- Bug fixed which are still present in CM (0.5 cal, naval guns, PSW 251/1 front armor, Panther turret armor....)

Greets

Daniel

2 new things i can think of right now.

1} the ability to select any point on the map and check LOS to any area on the map. this would take the guess work out of moving vehicles and such into good firing positions

2} the ability to tell a tank what type of shell to fire and to lock to a specific target until destroyed, or to only search for certain types of targets first. like priority targets in Tacops.

Allow for operations to span an infinite number of maps, to form uber operations. Create a file with the post scenario OOB, which can be read into the next scenario. Then allow for a buy/mod OOB at the front end of the scenario. This would let you daisy chain scenarios. Easier said than done I'm sure.

I'd like to see some form of campaign. I hate to say it, but sometimes I just don't know what scenario to play. I'd like to be suprised by campaign situations, letting the situation dictate the tactical "scenario".

Aloid

All I want is a roster and the ability to re-crew abandoned AFV's if the vehicle is ok and the crew recovers. Other than that, leave as is. CUZ IT ROCKS!!!

------------------

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." -Sun Tzu, The Art Of War